• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Gear Report

Applied some branding to the HMMWV:
Front and rear with vinyl stencils & paint
IMG_20161202_152051502.jpgIMG_20161202_155104778.jpgIMG_20161206_120619681.jpg
Sides with vinyl stickers
Gear-Report_Project_HMMWV_Battlewagon (3).jpg

Action

....Took out my Trucklite LEDs and installed a different set of LED headlights ....
Ad states offroad lights. Do they have the proper cutoff line to be used on the road? And are they compatable with 24v? I didn't see voltage in the ad, but all listed vehicles are 12v.

Gear Report

Ad states offroad lights. Do they have the proper cutoff line to be used on the road? And are they compatable with 24v? I didn't see voltage in the ad, but all listed vehicles are 12v.
Don't know what a "cutoff line" is.
From the ad: "Input: 12-24V DC"
I'll check to be sure, but I believe the glass has "DOT" in raised letters at the top.
Regardless, the ones I removed weren't DOT approved... nor is much of the truck. :)
Will see how they do in the dark in a few minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gear Report

Sure do like your personal shooting iron. [thumbzup]

That's one nice "twilight" scope; what's the power of that sucker?!
I believe that is a Vortex Viper 4-16x50. Will have to check, as we move optics around a lot, depending on what sort of shooting or testing we are doing.
More on the rifle here: http://gear-report.com/ar-15-custom-rifle-build-2016

We use a lot of large optics, which made it interesting sorting out exactly where/how to mount the rifle barrel clips on the HMMWV dash.
I've got a military Hardigg 3 rifle case to carry more rifles in the back.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Launched the #5 piston out the left side of the oil pan on one of my new GP trucks today, other than that not much done.
if you look in the hole, the piston is not to be seen on the crank. Oh well.....

Videris

Launched the #5 piston out the left side of the oil pan on one of my new GP trucks today, other than that not much done.
if you look in the hole, the piston is not to be seen on the crank. Oh well.....
you got a pic of it. You don't see a motor detonate everyday. I'd like to see it. Make me feel better about my p.o.s GP Humvee. Haha

BLK HMMWV

That's why the factory upper mounts adjust so you can use the lower bracket and still adjust for different weapons.

If the butt stock of the gun is still touching the floor it is still in the foot well.
And the closer it is to the door opening the harder it is to get your foot in around it.
And if it's not secured and you kick it with your foot what keeps it secured? just the top bracket?
So when driving down a bumpy road I'm guessing the optics and finish are going to take a beating on the side next to the sidewall or bounce over into your legs with no butt stock base plate.
But then I guess there would be nothing to write about .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks