• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Bravojmc

Piddled with the test stand I made the other day. It's a stand that will work on the ground or rotate upwards to mount on a vehicle like I did here. I need to make a few other brackets for a permanent mounting setup in the vehicle. But it seems to work perfectly for both "modes". (I also included a pic of the "ground mode")
Don't tell me you cant have pictures of weapons on this board....?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I should know the rules, Mr. patracy, but I confess some ignorance.

I'm guessing by your pics that images of weapons are "verboten" here at SS, is that right?
Last time I posted a pic of a my with a firearm, I caught a lot of flack from a person or two saying I abused my power. So now if I have anything to post with a live firearm in frame, I'll block it out.

I have titled the pictures with what is not shown though for the curious types.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Wow.... so glad I didn't post that vid... I would have never of guessed on a military vehicle site...
There's a lot of things posted up on the site over the years. But the funny thing is, no one reports them. So I will just do what I can and keep the peace.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Augdog1964

Why in the world can you not post pics of live firearms?
My love of firearms is one of the reasons I even got into mil vehicles...

So I guess pics of my tanks are no longer allowed, as some of them are live, registered, and "guns"...
oooohhhhhh

BLK HMMWV

I agree but that is the rules of the board. Many years ago I asked the same question. I was referred to another board if I wanted to talk and show them.
I can't remember it now. Perhaps a moderator will chime in. It was started by a member here if I remember correctly.
I think too many times we forget we don't own this board. We only visit it. The new batch of people find it and want to come and change it.
I was guilty of this when I first came to it.
It has lasted because it has rules.
Sounds familiar. Kind of like the constitution. Assimilate with the board or go someplace else.
Were all free to go someplace else that's the beauty of the country and this board.

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Sir:
A brief history of this website might help you and your understanding of the RULE(s).

This site, from its inception, began as a discussion of ONE type of MV. Over time it has evolved include a broad spectrum of MILITARY VEHICLES.

Yes, there is a close relation between Military Vehicles and the weapons they can and have carried or have been designed to mobilize.

HOWEVER, there was also a period of time (think of certain recorded acts of domestic terrorism in the United States) when the site, its owner and moderators and specific members came under extraordinarily close and detailed scrutiny by SEVERAL investigative agencies of the federal and some state governments. This was for the health and well-being of our society under the threat of those who wish to do our peaceful world harm.

THEREFORE, it was decided by the owner and his moderator team to focus the site on ONLY the MILITARY VEHICLE aspects and interests of the membership and to encourage and redirect any and all discussion of firearms and other weapons to other internet forums where there exists ample interest in those topics. Quite simply, this site is purpose focused on MV's ONLY.
(Although, we do have some sub-forums within the SS Site about non-MV's and a MESS HALL area, the topic(s) of avoidance are those that would trigger undue investigative scrutiny.)

By instituting the RULE(s) we are now able to enjoy our MV interests without what had become frequent (sometimes TACTICAL OPERATIONAL) visits to our personal properties to investigate agency concerns (often prompted by citizen complaints). Yes, those lurking helicopters and midnight raids are REAL. And some of our Members were suspect, only to find out that we are generally a docile bunch of benign old farts.
Upon instituting the website RULE(s), the officials who feel/felt a need to investigate activities here have been calmed and they can now focus upon those who are firearms and weaponry vocal zealots in those OTHER FORUMS. We are all welcome to carry on firearm and weapons, even tactical and "prepper" discussions as well as political rants in "someone else's playground".

As a general comment not directed to anyone in particular.....

If you want to bring your guns onto "our playground", expect to be run off! This is a SAFE PLACE for MV enthusiasts and those who wish to taint or contaminate it just won't be invited back. Please take yourselves, and the Federal Agents watching you somewhere else.
:mrgreen::rules:
DISCLAIMER:
The commentary above is the personal view of this Member/Chaplain/Limited-Moderator and - although I believe the others would concur - may not be the "official" stance of the website as a whole.
2cents

Augdog1964

Hey i don't own the board, and its really up to the guy that owns it... I didn't know it was an issue besides putting guns up for sale etc. Owners make the rules... so that is where it ends...

However I belong to numerous firearms discussion boards, even machinegun boards, and they have had nothing like what you are describing here...

Artillery pieces, machineguns, etc. all posted and discussed for the world to see... so what I would guess is some "users" of the board were enrolled in the nanny state... IMHO.

Another Ahab

So I guess pics of my tanks are no longer allowed, as some of them are live, registered, and "guns"...
oooohhhhhh
Armor? Pics?!!

Wait. Wait.

Don't go away, mad...

Want a cookie?!

ABC.jpg

Last edited:

Bravojmc

When I think of STEELSOLDIERS.COM I will now always think I'm in my little safe place!
Wait a min now... is this the UNIVERSITY OF STEELSOLDIERS WITH SAFE PLACES..?! Lol
IMG_7375.JPG
No really I do get it...

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will somebody please talk about a Humvee now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks