• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Bravojmc

I've been toying around with a project. Installing water resistant plugs and I'll be able to pull in and out when need be.
The whole pelican box will be lined and will have a couple compartments inside.
IMG_7647.jpgIMG_7649.jpg

jake-cutter

Had a little free time today and pulled out some of the VIC 3 stuff and loosely installed it. Need to get some hooks or something to hang the headphones from the turret ring and find the bracket to mount the rear box on the turret ring.

IMG_20170519_165858_resized_20170519_050017856.jpg

IMG_20170519_114122_resized_20170519_050044032.jpg

Did not want to mount it fully as the radio tray will have to be removed when I get a new engine which is next on my list just need to find a 6.5 na that's ready to drop in.

Last edited:

BLK HMMWV

Had a little free time today and pulled out some of the VIC 3 stuff and loosely installed it. Need to get some hooks or something to hang the headphones from the turret ring and find the bracket to mount the rear box on the turret ring.

View attachment 681033

View attachment 681039

Did not want to mount it fully as the radio tray will have to be removed when I get a new engine which is next on my list just need to find a 6.5 na that's ready to drop in.
Looks like you may end up with an extra 4 knob box. If you do end up with an extra LMK .
BH

3jacks

IMG_0444.jpgIMG_0442.jpgIMG_0445.jpgGot most of the interior paint finished except dog house, reinstalling things now. Swapped out the 2 man soft top for a 4 man, fitting up x doors (which need major work). Finished the spray in lizard skin (sound and ceramic) with a top coat of bed liner. All going well it will be getting exterior paint in a couple weeks.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter

View attachment 681033

View attachment 681039

Thats enough boxes to do two six man systems.

CGregson

Got my first oil change under my belt. Use the FRAM PH5 filter and this oil on sale until today at Costco: 15W-40.jpg

And it's literally my first oil change. 3 questions:

1. the oil sure did stink like burnt, well "burnt" actually covers it, this unique to me? or common?
2. Anyone have any issue with the oil used?
3. How exactly is the oil fill cap supposed to fit? Mine's super loose.

Carrera911

Got my first oil change under my belt. Use the FRAM PH5 filter and this oil on sale until today at Costco: View attachment 681199

And it's literally my first oil change. 3 questions:

1. the oil sure did stink like burnt, well "burnt" actually covers it, this unique to me? or common?
2. Anyone have any issue with the oil used?
3. How exactly is the oil fill cap supposed to fit? Mine's super loose.
No complaints about the oil. I use rotella 15-40 which is always cheap at walmart. I've never seen a loose fill cap but the dip stick never fits that tight. My only thing is I never use Fram. You can pull up some of the horror stories from their cheap drain back valves and paper components inside. I use the Mobil or Bosch filters which are only a few bucks more and have a lot more weight to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CGregson

No complaints about the oil. I use rotella 15-40 which is always cheap at walmart. I've never seen a loose fill cap but the dip stick never fits that tight. My only thing is I never use Fram. You can pull up some of the horror stories from their cheap drain back valves and paper components inside. I use the Mobil or Bosch filters which are only a few bucks more and have a lot more weight to them.

Thanks for the tip, this change is only going to be 500 miles and I'll switch up filters next go around (want to get 2 quick changes under my belt before slotting into a normal schedule)

ryanruck

Sam's tends to have even better prices on Rotella.

Rotella T, 6 pack - 1 gallon, $74
Rotella T4, 6 pack - 1 gallon, $74
Rotella T, 2 pack - 2.5 gallon, $60
Rotella T4, 2 pack - 2.5 gallon, $60

Definitely agreed about the filters. And besides Mobile 1 and Bosch, Wix, NAPA Gold/Platinum, and Purolator are good filters too.

jeffy777

Helped my friend pick up his HMMWV today.

The happiest days are to me when:

1. You do something some people would call stupid and others call cool.
  2. Then you find somebody stupid and cool to do it with you.

Here are pictures of my buddies rig:

Drivers.jpgInside.jpgPassenger.jpg

I expect him to join the board soon.

Jeff

chickenbutt

Since we are talking VIC stuff here. I made a custom bracket to get the commanders control box squeezed under the radio rack. Then I saw riderdan's post where he lined up two control boxes and the amp in the front.....I think I like that better lol

IMG_4680.jpgIMG_4682.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks