• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice setup. What storage case is that in the back. May want one of thoses.

Thanks,

Mark

shawnshumvee

Very nice setup. What storage case is that in the back. May want one of thoses.

Thanks,

Mark
It's a ammo can for mortar shells i believe but Not Sure Mark. Here's what it says..

IMG_2892.jpgIMG_2891.jpgIMG_2890.jpg.IMG_2894.jpg

I'm using it as a cup holder for the rear passengers and a glove box for large items. (see last picture)

Last edited:

infidel got me

Very interested to see how you finish this. I have a set of troop seats standing by to be cut down to fit the available space behind the 4-man soft top. Just haven't sorted out exactly how to do it. Would like to retain functioning troop seats, not just the side rails.
I was on the road all day and didn't have chance to get back to the seats today. I too will slant the front and have the seats function as normal. I have it worked out in my head just have to get to it. Overall it looks to be fairly easy-ha ha I will post pics. when done. Should come out nice:-D

Last edited:

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After doing alot of e reading I wanted to give a try with Rustoleum Fabric paint spray for my green and blue high seats. They did not have a od green so I went with flat black. Took just over a can for each seat and I am really pleased with the results. Seats look new and the reviews of this stuff is very good.

Mark

20170530_194906.jpg

20170531_163219.jpg

20170531_163230.jpg

Last edited:

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It may be a little while before I can report on that, since my almost immediate failure in the engine bay occurred on the LEFT side... I suppose it will be in the way for some stuff, yes, but it's not that hard to remove the three bolts, so if it's more than a half hour job one could pull it off and throw it back on after. I'm glad to have the jack out of the rear passenger footwell. I don't have any accessory boxes or auxiliary storage fab'd up yet.BDGR
I pulled the voltage regulator off today. Everything was heavily covered with carbon from the brushes but the alternator brushes were at least at 50% so I wasn't worried about needing to replace one. I sprayed all of the internals in the regulator cavity with Lectramotive. Once everything was dried out and cleaned up I noticed the voltage regulator adjustment resistor seemed a little boogered up. Decided to put it all back together and see how it functioned, hoping it just needed a cleaning, but it's the same. I can have 30 V or 25 V but nothing in between. I am going to order a new regulator and then later put the old one on the bench and see if it is repairable with patience. I was an electronics technician in a past life in the Navy, so maybe I can repair it. But I'm not going to let my HMMWV languish while I try!
Bulldogger

shawnshumvee

What's inside of it? Humvees never break, so is the Box empty? :)
Oh how i wish that was true Mario. But, just going to put basic tools inside just in case the Humvee springs a leak or something. But I did buy the 24 volt impact for the M998 which plugs in to the slave port under the passenger seat. The Impact really comes in handy when taking of the Humvee Wheels.

Mario

How much did you pay for it?
I was looking at them some time ago and they could be had for 50 bucks. Now that I own a humvee, I don't see them below $180 :-(

Oh how i wish that was true Mario. But, just going to put basic tools inside just in case the Humvee springs a leak or something. But I did buy the 24 volt impact for the M998 which plugs in to the slave port under the passenger seat. The Impact really comes in handy when taking of the Humvee Wheels.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks