• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Bravojmc

They both looked like this! Bad damage. They are stellar now!IMG_8261.jpg
The body work and gel-coat then painted!

The doors looked to be ran over and they were also warped. Pulled all the window tracks/framing and straightened them and did the bodywork and they are straight as an arrow! My guess is if you have a warped door you have bent tracks/frames. Easy fix!

Attachments

Last edited:

3jacks

They both looked like this! Bad damage. They are stellar now!View attachment 689147
The body work and gel-coat then painted!

The doors looked to be ran over and they were also warped. Pulled all the window tracks/framing and straightened them and did the bodywork and they are straight as an arrow! My guess is if you have a warped door you have bent tracks/frames. Easy fix!

Looking awesome Bravo! I've got a solid 8 hrs in each of my doors...will post the before, during and after photos when they are done. It's a big job for someone who doesn't do body work with resin for a living. It's an art and anyone who can do it...mega props.

NormB

Took me a little while to find this... The write-up is in PS 519 (Feb 1996), page 28. I found it in the "HMMWV Quick Reference Guide, Third Edition" Thanks for sharing images of your build of it. I might throw one together myself.

NO STEP PS519 p24.JPG

(edited. Sorry.)

You really need to mark it up to match YOUR truck.

Decide how wide you want it (PS says 40", but 41-42+, doesn't matter.

Cut board (I got a 23/32 - 0.72" - 2x4 sheet at Home Despot for $15), then lay it on the airlift loop tower and body just forward of the windshield frame.

NOW mark centers of the REAR part of the loops about 2-1/2 or 3" from the forward edge, lay a straight edge along the FORWARD
part of the loops and mark the board again about 6" aft of your forward line.

THis makes a LOT more sense while you're DOING it.

Then mark up where you're going to cut, lay the board atop the radiator so the markings are over the loops. Shine a flashlight up in there to see that the marks are where they belong - measure twice, cut once - and open the slots. I used a 4-1/2" finish carpentry saw blade with a plunge cut, then a jig saw coping blade, finished edges with a 1/4" router bit.

Should save some hassle and gymnastics in the future.

Last edited:

CGregson

Took me a little while to find this... The write-up is in PS 519 (Feb 1996), page 28. I found it in the "HMMWV Quick Reference Guide, Third Edition" Thanks for sharing images of your build of it. I might throw one together myself.
What is it? What's the actual PDF page in the doc "HMMWV Quick Refer - U.S. Army" ?

Wire Fox

infidel got me

sound.jpgsound1.jpgsound2.jpgsound2.jpg This showed up this morning-- so I installed it and have been smiling ever since!!!

$ 89 and shipped free. Sounds awesome and waterproof. 450 watt amp, simple 2 wire hook-up and your rockin'!!! Can't even buy a good set of speakers for that... Did I

say it sounds AWSOME....

NormB

infidel got me

wb.jpgwb1.jpg Today is my wifes b-day. I figured she was entitled to drive a real truck... instead of her expedition. She has put up with me for 18 + years. I figured she deserved it. The bad thing is she hates my 80s music

General Hood

When I let my wife drive my 5 ton, all the sudden it was hers and I had to buy another one, same thing happened with the 998. Be careful, unless you have a big checkbook :whistle:. Happy B Day to your lovely wife

Another Ahab

When I let my wife drive my 5 ton, all the sudden it was hers and I had to buy another one. Be careful, unless you have a big checkbook .
I'd say you were lucky, General Hood in only having ONE wife to buy a 5 ton! Count your blessings.

It's all how you look at things. :naner::mrgreen:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks