• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

kcobean

Gave my truck its first oil and filter change today and replaced the oil pressure gauge and sending unit with a Bosch mechanical gauge. Now I get to figure out why my pressure is so high.

Havok

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Put a couple cup holders in, steering wheel back in and some mud flaps installed.
I have the same cup holders. Love them! Did you bolt yours down? With the plywood insulation they sit in the middle pretty good and don't move around.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

3jacks

I have the same cup holders. Love them! Did you bolt yours down? With the plywood insulation they sit in the middle pretty good and don't move around.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Ran a bolt thru the base and they hold great... A 1 liter of Mountain Dew at 55mph is well within the capabilities of these babies![thumbzup]

fpchief

Looks nice. Rattle can or spray gun?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
I used the wagoner hvlp gun. I will never use a compressor and sprayer again. I went through 1.5 gallons with no thinning and easy setup and cleaning.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Carrera911

I had a mishap backing out of a narrow trail and bent the apparently very weak brush guard on a 2 inch diameter tree. I straightened it back out but the paint cracked off so I finally got around to painting the brush guard. I wire wheeled off all the loose paint and rust and painted it with Rust Oleum rusty metal primer. Then 24 hrs later with some 383 green Behr paint. The primer made it turn out much better than the last truck I did without it.
IMG_3311[1].jpg
IMG_3313[1].jpg
I have also started adding a half quart of the cheap Walmart 2 stroke oil per tank. It could be a placebo but I swear the truck seems to idle smoother and it quieted the rattle at idle. If anything it should help prolong the injection pumps life while running this low sulfur BS fuel. It's also cheaper than any additive I've seen at less than $2 a tank. And the bottle fits nicely behind the back seat.
IMG_3314[1].jpg

DLJIII

I added my prototype .50 caliber to the roof.
Changed oil and started working on my own doors.
20170729_184730.jpg20170729_192713.jpg
That is the prototype, I have two more with improvements.
The prop M2 adds a lot of wow factor to my truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks