• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the fording kit completely installed, repaired a vent line on a rear hub, and ran some coax.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
How Difficult is to pull the t-dipstick? I know of the bolt on the tube but I had a devil of the time trying to pull it out of the pan with the leap seal on the one at goldneagle's place. Did you drop the pan?

Victorkilo31

Got headlights working. New bulbs apparently did the trick.
Need to mount new side marker lights but need suggestions for screw/bolts to use. Old ones are pretty rusted out

ryanruck

Got headlights working. New bulbs apparently did the trick.
Need to mount new side marker lights but need suggestions for screw/bolts to use. Old ones are pretty rusted out
Normally I'd recommend avoiding stainless steel on these trucks because of the aluminum body but the side markers are one area you can get away with using them on since they mount to fiberglass up front and plastic buckets in the rear.

Victorkilo31

Normally I'd recommend avoiding stainless steel on these trucks because of the aluminum body but the side markers are one area you can get away with using them on since they mount to fiberglass up front and plastic buckets in the rear.
Makes sense to me. Have to pick some up tomorrow then. Thanks

Wire Fox

I was looking for some parts and came across this humvee couch no way would I pay the amount they want for it. but it would be cool View attachment 698827 http://www.popartdecoration.com/store/Vehicles/sofas/humvee-hummer-car-sofa/
I have a better idea...just hear me out... let's put a couch cushion in the back of actual HMMWV-which I hear we have a few of around here-and enjoy the real thing with some real style and redneck class.

...as a matter-of-fact, I think I might just go do that tonight...

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a better idea...just hear me out... let's put a couch cushion in the back of actual HMMWV-which I hear we have a few of around here-and enjoy the real thing with some real style and redneck class.

So, let me get this straight....

You're going to couch-ify a real humvee. And then you're going to back it through the wall of your man cave so your have comfortable place to rest and enjoy the damage and destruction you've just inflicted upon your home???

OK, I get it.

You really are an MV ADDICT, aren't you?!?!?

rofl:whistle::grd::goodjob::not worthy::doh:

Wire Fox

So, let me get this straight....

You're going to couch-ify a real humvee. And then you're going to back it through the wall of your man cave so your have comfortable place to rest and enjoy the damage and destruction you've just inflicted upon your home???

OK, I get it.

You really are an MV ADDICT, aren't you?!?!?

rofl:whistle::grd::goodjob::not worthy::doh:
I was thinking more along the lines of enjoying the great outdoors, and in my near future (about to enter the closing period of my very own house within the next few hours), the garage.

parklandtrans

What have you done with your HMMWV lately

ALL,
Well, what I did with my HMMWV this past weekend (sept 9-10 2017) was to enter into a local "Car and Truck" Show. The Show was put on by the "Combat Veterans Motorcycle Club"... Washington State Charter and was located at the Cabelas store in Lacey, Wa. The Store was kind enough to give us almost half of their available customer parking, just to make sure we had enough space..!!!
Anyone who has ever been to a Cabelas Store knows exactly how "Huge" these parking lots are..!!! I personally would like to extend a huge "Thank you to all of the Cabela employees and Management staff for being so kind and helpful"

The show was very attended by not only participants but a very large public turn out. I had entered my 1995 M998A1 into the Truck 4x4 division. After all the ballots were sorted thru and counted, the results showed that the M998A1 was voted "Best in Show" and "Best in class" (4x4) in the Truck Division...!!!

Needless to say I was floored by the victory due to the caliber of entries who attended this show...the M998A1 had no chrome Or shiny paint job...but what I did have was flat 3 color woodland camo that was a dull and lusterless as you can imagine..!! This was the Humvees second time being entered in a car show since I have the truck, with one coming up this month at the Sprinker Recreation Center located in Spanaway, Washington.
Lastly, I would like to thank all of the men and women who have and are still serving and protecting our Nation from all threats both Foreign and Domestic. Without these brave and courageous men and women..we would not have the Liberties and freedom of choice...that most of us take for granted..!!!

So in closing, I would like to thank the real winners of this show and all the others shows from past and future shows..."The brave men and women of the Armed Forces of the United States of America"...

M998 Dude
(Robert Huke)

Last edited:

parklandtrans

Will post pics as soon as possible....If anyone has any pictures of this same show...PLEASE POST THEM AS WELL...THE MORE MERRIER..,!!
Thanks to all,
Bob (Parkland trans)

ari

The other week I raptor lined the entire interior and repainted the dash and dog house and roof with behr paint. The raptorliner looks greener in person than in the pics but is still lighter than 34094 green. I had sherwin williams mix the toner which looked spot on but it sprayed out few shades lighter almost OD :? I think it looks great anyways. The raptor went in easy but the prep work is something I never wanna do again lol. I have been out of town for business afew days we will see how well the behr paint on the roof held up to hurricane irmas rain and wind when I get back, hopefully it baked in the sun long enough to cure. I plan on filling in the camo pattern with green on the body the black and brown are fairly fresh.

IMAG0963.jpgIMAG0932.jpgIMAG0964.jpgIMAG0933.jpgIMAG0960.jpgIMAG0968.jpgIMAG0969.jpg

ryanruck

Hmm... In true redneck fashion, after my ECV front end upgrade, I do have a spare hood and a couple tires sitting around so with some beer and creativity I bet I could make the pictured sofa happen! :mrgreen:

fpchief

The other week I raptor lined the entire interior and repainted the dash and dog house and roof with behr paint. The raptorliner looks greener in person than in the pics but is still lighter than 34094 green. I had sherwin williams mix the toner which looked spot on but it sprayed out few shades lighter almost OD :? I think it looks great anyways. The raptor went in easy but the prep work is something I never wanna do again lol. I have been out of town for business afew days we will see how well the behr paint on the roof held up to hurricane irmas rain and wind when I get back, hopefully it baked in the sun long enough to cure. I plan on filling in the camo pattern with green on the body the black and brown are fairly fresh.

View attachment 698947View attachment 698948View attachment 698949View attachment 698951View attachment 698952View attachment 698953View attachment 698954
Looks good!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks