• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

rcamacho

Finished installing complete energy suspension swaybar bushings. The end link bushings required a press for removal/installation of the new bushings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mleara

YAY!! Unrestricted on road title arrived after 4 1/2 months! So happy, my M-1026 got an oil change and a brand new flag today. Then a 1-hour drive around town to celebrate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wire Fox

heh heh. I've been having fun wasting my work day today. It was the first time I drove my HMMWV to work, so most of my day has been lost to parking lot trips with curious colleagues. I brought it in because I needed to pick up some excess material we were disposing that I had good use for, but didn't stand a chance of fitting in my little econobox car. Also, as is the nature of the beast, my glow plugs system-which worked phenomenally last night-seems to have partially failed this morning. So, more work for me to check out. I'm just glad that it's warm enough that it's still starting in under a second of cranking without them and doesn't appear to be over-cycling them.

riderdan

This. Whenever I stop to get fuel I have to leave a few extra minutes, because I know that the driver whose car is on the other side of the pump, or in the next lane over, is going to want to ask about it. Once when coming out of Wallyworld I was stopped no less than three times: once as I was putting groceries in the truck, once when I was coming back from putting the cart in the corral, and once when I was sitting there idling waiting for another car to back out.

I don't mind. I used to commute in the Bay Area in a 1931 Model A Ford, which probably got more looks/questions. I consider it an opportunity to proselytize for MVs.

I guess most folks do not care much where I am at. Sure I get the occasional ‘Hey where did you buy that?’ Or ‘I bet that thing can go anywhere.’ But mostly just looks and pointing. Must be getting use to seeing the 4 or 5 around our area. Plus the National Guard units, Camp Shelby, and the boat units around Stennis we just kind of blend in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks