• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
sure made the view from the rear different!
I guess some guys prefer the view from the rear. I kinda prefer the view of the front, but I will admit that a good looking rear will attract my attentions. I gotta also say that now you got some good lookin' junk in the trunk. Funny how one's eyes can get attracted to that.

Also like your HMMWV mods.

;-)~

Volvo740turbo

Added a holley electric lift pump, trying to bleed air without blowing the starter or batteries,,,is this even possible without cranking the engine till the starter fails ? Or without killing batteries?

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes it is possible and should take less than a minute of total cranking time. Air needs to be bled out. Start with bleeding the filter on the firewall using the bleed screw on top of the filter until air is bled out. Then slightly crack the nuts on the injector lines at each fuel injector. Crank 10 seconds at a time, as fuel appears at each injector tighten the nut. Good two person job, give the starter a nice rest between crankings.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

DREDnot

Getting the Transfer case resealed after the RTV gave out on the top of the case.
Leak tested the cooling loop. I should probably paint a little silver cross on it before reinstalling to ward off the vampires.

DSCN0178.jpg

DSCN0242.jpg

DSCN0672.jpg

DSCN0667.jpg

DSCN0664.jpg

DSCN0665.jpg

DSCN0666.jpg

DSCN0668.jpg

Another Ahab

What wiper spray nozzles did you install? I have a broken one. I'm also trying to change out the wiper blade itself with something better. Have you found something better than what is on there now?
There is noise that silicone wipers are the way to go:

- But not sure if it IS just noise, and also not sure of

- Best source for purchase, if it is not noise only (and nothing more)

Last edited:

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Missionexpert:

For nozzles I looked on flea bay. Bought a pair. Overpriced but work.

My blades are good but looking to cluge wiper arms together with newer wiper holder to allow use of newer style blades. Just need to drill two rivets and attach newer wiper holder. Not huge on my priority but it’s coming I guess. Someone sells the units on flea bay for 100. I can make it for next to free.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks