• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i put in 5 gallons and it fired right up after cranking it a few times. It ran fine when i went to get fuel and then for 20 miles after that.
Should i still bleed it? What is balancing the fuel feed?
iv been good for 2 years with filling up once a month and not having an issue but i should put in the updated sender.
also i bought a 5 gallon can to keep in it just in case, dont want to do that again.
It is widely recommended as a preventive maintenance action when injectors may have air in them, causing one or more cylinders to not be fed and fueled properly. Trapped air and poor fueling can destroy an engine; in the case of gas engines I had a classmate who ran out of gas and her mechanic lied about bleeding the injectors, she made it about 4 more weeks on that engine before it crapped out. Tough lesson for a college student on a strict budget. Diesels are different beasts, but nonetheless bleeding is a good idea.

Bleeding the fuel system is also recommended after changing fuel filters and so on, anything that disturbs fuel flow.

It shouldn't take but a half hour, and you might be surprised. If you've never bled the fuel system, you could be getting less power than designed.

Bulldogger

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have a link/source for them?
Are you asking about the hillbilly cruise control? If so it is a vernier control off of a MEP002A gen-set, I see someone selling one on eBay that is listed for the HMMWV but I would be very Leary of that one as it is not the correct proportions AND has a built in stop that may makes it useless as a practical throttle control, get one that is obviously too long and cut it down, just remember my warnings from my other post about it, or ask again for the details20200307_101844.jpg.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you asking about the hillbilly cruise control? If so it is a vernier control off of a MEP002A gen-set, I see someone selling one on eBay that is listed for the HMMWV but I would be very Leary of that one as it is not the correct proportions AND has a built in stop that may makes it useless as a practical throttle control, get one that is obviously too long and cut it down, just remember my warnings from my other post about it, or ask again for the detailsView attachment 792944.
No it was for the plastic caps.

It is widely recommended as a preventive maintenance action when injectors may have air in them, causing one or more cylinders to not be fed and fueled properly. Trapped air and poor fueling can destroy an engine; in the case of gas engines I had a classmate who ran out of gas and her mechanic lied about bleeding the injectors, she made it about 4 more weeks on that engine before it crapped out. Tough lesson for a college student on a strict budget. Diesels are different beasts, but nonetheless bleeding is a good idea.
Bleeding the fuel system is also recommended after changing fuel filters and so on, anything that disturbs fuel flow.
It shouldn't take but a half hour, and you might be surprised. If you've never bled the fuel system, you could be getting less power than designed.
Bulldogger
i have to change the fuel filters so ill do that and bleed it really good. thanks

McSpeed

park.jpgpark.jpg

Drove mine to the local State Park last night - met with this friendly blockade Park is closed indefinitely due to COVID 19. I thought about driving around said blockade as my dog really wanted to go for a trail, but opted to turn around.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 793152View attachment 793152

Drove mine to the local State Park last night - met with this friendly blockade Park is closed indefinitely due to COVID 19. I thought about driving around said blockade as my dog really wanted to go for a trail, but opted to turn around.
COVID-19 is at plague proportions and the blockade is there for a reason. Dogs are also able to catch and spread and die from COVID-19.

Glad you turned around.

If we would all sit at home for 3 weeks and do nothing, this virus would go extinct.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No elective surgeries so I have time (as long as I stay healthy).

Ordered all new hoses and belts and such from Kaskar because my power steering hose blew up. They are really customer friendly. Guy remembered me from my voice and had my old orders pulled up in seconds. Then he made GREAT suggestions about other things I forgot to order, like a heater valve pull cable.

No "elective" surgeries??? No elective "HUMAN" surgeries!!!

Gonna be elbow deep in my HMMWV's guts. My driveway will be my Operating Room, and my new ramps will be the OR table. I will probably wear a mask too.

Stay healthy guys.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Just started the HumV and it coughed a couple of times. It's now quarantined to the driveway six feet from the Toyota.

Good reason to stay home and work on it, CAMO

Ajax MD

Dug into the driver's portal hub today. One, clean pint of oil came out, one fresh pint went in. Spindle nut was inspected and found to be secured and both tabs fully engaged.

I will be upgrading to the locking nut kit but I'm holding onto my cash for a moment to see where this virus garbage goes. I'm currently at home, burning vacation.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
COVID-19 is at plague proportions and the blockade is there for a reason. Dogs are also able to catch and spread and die from COVID-19.

Glad you turned around.

If we would all sit at home for 3 weeks and do nothing, this virus would go extinct.
DOG?? REALLY?? W.H.O. says no evidence, I think everyone has gone plain nuts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks