• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A few days ago I noticed a drip or three of red fluid under the center of the M1151A1. Turns out that it had a leaky transfer case output seal. Spent part of today dropping the aft shaft and replacing the seal. It was an easier procedure than I had expected.

IMG_0571.JPG IMG_0573.JPG IMG_0572.JPG

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, now that I'm insured I decided to put some miles on the 1165 and shake out any problems that might be lurking. Drove down to the auto parts store for antifreeze and then just meandered all over town listening to the engine.

I heard the fan cycle on a few times, but it never stayed on long. Them temp gauge has lost its desire to live so the needle just sits off-scale low.

Turn signal doesn't always cancel. The tires stayed on.

I logged ~40 miles on it in an hour or so without any drama.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Figured out why the temp gauge was inop - the pigtail between the gauge and the harness is crumbly at both ends. I cinched a wire-tie around the connector for now. If anyone has one let me know.

Drove it around a while and the needle sits about 12:00 in the gauge. The fan cycles on briefly now and then.

Also separated the cooling stack to check for debris between them - nothing.

TempGaugePigtail.jpg

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
HummerH1 has entrusted me to post a video for him showing a loose spindle improperly installed on his new to him auction truck. It is the non-runner he converted into a 12V runner. Eric’s video is absolutely an advertisement for BlueHummers. Super scary. I will uploaded to YouTube and link here. I’m disappointed that we can’t load videos here so that they can be stored on these servers and never get lost. C’est la vie.

When I load the vids I will link here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks