• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

jake20

Either not enough belt or too much pulley! :ROFLMAO:
12469149-3 is too long

12460226-4 is too short

Pulley next to oil filler is offset towards the back and misaligned with the rest

trying to remember which hole the alternator bracket should be bolted through, since the top bracket has 2 holes. That’s my only suspicion as to the belt length issue, I’ve already verified the right tensioner.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m not a fan, of tan.

Rims were dirty as heck from storage. Washed with water and a scotch pad. Chamois dry and then prep work.

Tedious part is taping off properly. Taping round rims with raised lips has to be done just right.

4 done. Six to go.

532F0FB3-89C0-4161-A950-23A1141A294B.jpeg40F470C0-BF36-4E51-8FCC-6D12265B310B.jpeg

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
12469149-3 is too long

12460226-4 is too short

Pulley next to oil filler is offset towards the back and misaligned with the rest

trying to remember which hole the alternator bracket should be bolted through, since the top bracket has 2 holes. That’s my only suspicion as to the belt length issue, I’ve already verified the right tensioner.
Yep, neither of those belts are correct for that pulley….see it all the time.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not quite a HMMWV BUT 1995 Hummer is the 12V version. Same power train.

My 1995 has a Whipple and water injection. Swapped out the PO’s POS 38”x14”wide tires with 24 bolt with 37x12” standard tires just like the vehicle was sold with.

Drives great. Super happy. This is why I painted those tan rims to black.

Next I’ll do the same for my M1025. I’m waiting on my wheel dolly to make the job easier.

I love the military hydraulic jack. Well worth the $360 I paid. Easier than a floor jack. One tip… carry a crow bar or 1/2” steel tube to push the unit down when deflating. Otherwise you need to fight the jack to close back down.

Now I gotta find where the wife hid my black lug nuts. I so love it when she cleans.A2C61A3C-50E2-4B4A-86E6-B1FDDB7B3CCD.jpeg8627735A-28EE-42E0-B9AB-3C0ABAF2813A.jpeg43549FB6-6164-4702-A41C-FFEBB6C4879C.jpeg

Last edited:

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m not a fan, of tan.

Rims were dirty as heck from storage. Washed with water and a scotch pad. Chamois dry and then prep work.

Tedious part is taping off properly. Taping round rims with raised lips has to be done just right.

4 done. Six to go.

View attachment 901830View attachment 901831
Tobash !! 2 decks of cheap cards woulda done that deal easy peasy....

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I replaced the last of the original 7K half shafts on the DuraVee today, only 20,000 miles but 30 years old, I guess I can't complain.
7K.jpg
As I have said before I use M10-1.5X35 flanged bolts and the larger Nord Lock 1528 washers, these things really cling!
And of course a new seal.
Nordlock 1528.jpg
I have been putting allot of miles on the DuraVee without its usual once a month or so ride up on the lift for inspection because the FAV has been occupying that bay.
So I took this opportunity to pull all the wheels to do a tire rotation, service the hubs and give the chassis a good lubrication, GOOD thing I did as I found the Pitman arm is worn SLAP OUT!
Time to grab the TM and order a new one!!
OH CRUD.jpg
Oh yes the disease continues to progress, I bought another HMMWV yesterday, a 1994 M1097A1 man we are getting out of the Basics and all the way into the A1s!!
It is just a parts rig but I plan on installing that low profile helmet top on the DuraVee after installing AC of course...
94.jpg
I really like the look of the slant backs but you can't beet the helmet tops for leaks etc.
It also has rear doors that is handy as I already have front doors for the DuraVee.
I really like the look of the low profile helmet top over the "standard" helmet top, guess now I will have to get rid of the Detroit, nobody needs two helmet tops

Last edited:

HUMMER H1

I replaced the last of the original 7K half shafts on the DuraVee today, only 20,000 miles but 30 years old, I guess I can't complain.
View attachment 902219
As I have said before I use M10-35 flanged bolts and the larger Nord Lock 1528 washers, these things really cling!
And of course a new seal.
View attachment 902218
I have been putting allot of miles on the DuraVee without its usual once a month or so ride up on the lift for inspection because the FAV has been occupying that bay.
So I took this opportunity to pull all the wheels to do a tire rotation, service the hubs and give the chassis a good lubrication, GOOD thing I did as I found the Pitman arm is worn SLAP OUT!
Time to grab the TM and order a new one!!
View attachment 902222
Oh yes the disease continues to progress, I bought another HMMWV yesterday, a 1994 1097A1 man we are getting out of the Basics and all the way into the A1s!!
It is just a parts rig but I plan on installing that low profile helmet top on the DuraVee after installing AC of course...
View attachment 902221
I really like the look of the slant backs but you can't beet the helmet tops for leaks etc.
It also has rear doors that is handy as I already have front doors for the DuraVee.
I really like the look of the low profile helmet top over the "standard" helmet top, guess now I will have to get rid of the Detroit, nobody needs two helmet tops
Very cool
I still have those 7k half shafts at the back, my humvee has about 300k miles
They are starting to make ticking sound.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks