• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your JEEP today

Jeeagle

Awesome. I hate to bother him because I know he's very busy...but I sent him an email this morning, I am looking for a pin jumper for my m38A1. I want one with the cables still attached so I can hook it up.I'll never use it but I am going for as close to original as possible. I also need an original fuel pump which he doesn't have listed on the website. So much needed!
The big two wire Jumper cable for the slave receptacles? Or the actual Socket deal?

We may have OE pumps but they would all need a rebuild if could be found.

Jeeagle

The socket. Don't see a need, right now, for the actual jumper cables.

Thanks.
I looked in the Boneyard found none then asked Matt, Apparently few years ago when I was messing with a M38a1 myself for a museum I stole the last one. However I know I've found them online before with the appropriate wiring and pin in them between $30-$70. With the M38a1 I do know you will want the one with really long leads on the receptacle.

Bravo2Uniform

Grinding Caliper Travel

Finally got the nerve to grind the caliper gap on my new knuckles for the disk brake installation. Grind, fit, grind, fit, ad infinitum - these are the next to last fitting. When done and filed to reduce the roughness it looks fairly decent.

PRO TIP: Fill knuckle reservoir BEFORE attaching caliper permanently!!!

Material RemovedGap - Almost clear

Last edited:

Bravo2Uniform

Install a dual reservoir master cylinder, it'll be easy they said...

"Ourkit was designed to be an easy..." Sure for a person with an advanced degree in Hyperbolic Topology.

And the piece de resistance...the final paragraph of the installation instructions, "With all that done you should be able to install lines and finish setup." Well, kiss my grits, Mel, how 'bout some directions just in case?

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still trying to work the bugs out, seems we have a carb issue now! We rebuild it and still having issues. In between the fuel pump died! I "think" we are getting close!20160415_140939.jpg

Another Ahab

"Ourkit was designed to be an easy..." Sure for a person with an advanced degree in Hyperbolic Topology.

And the piece de resistance...the final paragraph of the installation instructions, "With all that done you should be able to install lines and finish setup." Well, kiss my grits, Mel, how 'bout some directions just in case?
It's astounding how useless some installation directions can be. I never understood that.

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, she is running! Made a 30 mile run with no issues! Fingers crossed! Also added the BO drive, markers, Slave Recpt, and the 1st aide kit.

For some reason pictures are not uploading? Maybe later!

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just purchased a decent Carter YS950 carburetor, along with the correct Fram oil filter and mount for my M38A1.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks