• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is a hmmwv body worth?

Ryanhooker

Ok, I am looking for me a body and frame for my project. But what is a body worth? Theres a few on ebay, but i cant seem to stomach that price for a striped tub. Kascar is the ones I am talking about. Also there is one in my town for 10k and it is a little more complete. no dash but has seats doors and some interior. What would be a good price.

Ryanhooker

I didnt miss it. I didnt have any money at the time. Story of my life. My money was pooled with a friend to try and get runner. That feel through. :-( Now im on the look out for a body. To start a build. Even thought about buying a body one section at a time. but would rather have a damaged or straight to start off. Any one know where there are any at?

BLK HMMWV

HMMWV parts

Try Austin
Austin Aviation on Ebay. Search for Item # 360190543222
He has some frames and body tubs for about $1,000.
There not perfect but he may have some other stuff.

BH

Ryanhooker

I will email Austin later on today. It says pick up only. :-( 2600 miles round trip. I dont have any thing that could go get it. I might see if there a shipping company that might pick it up.

BLK HMMWV

My experiences with him have all been great.He sells a boat load of stuff and might know of a shipping company near him or maybe there might be a member here who does this kind of thing for a fee.

BH

Ryanhooker

No luck in getting a hold of them today. I tracked down the number to see if it was near me or worth a drive this afternoon. Turns out they are out of TN. Not a bad drive but would be a day trip. I am keeping them on back burner. till I talked to him. I remember i talked to him about a year ago but he didnt have any thing then. maybe i get lucky. An one else have any leads?

JeepMan

Dude you just missed this one in a crate from GL for $3400. Last month.

I was going to say. How about these depots that are rebuilding the Hummers? They're must be new/used bodies and parts at the local GL there.
I'm surprised that GL would sell a new body like that seeing as how
there's very few, if any being let out surplus.
As a side note, I've noticed that there's no used USPS mail trucks on
the roads. Must be they have a complete "de-mil" program in place
for them.

Last edited: