• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is wrong with pic loading?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where are you trying to "insert" them?

Perhaps if you bend over just a bit more...

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a good one ;) Just found out that I can't put a smiley up either.
Was trying to "insert" them in a post I wrote.

Last edited:

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where are you trying to "insert" them?

Perhaps if you bend over just a bit more...
It's ok now. Just had to relax a bit more and take the photos out of their frames, . . . who would have thought ;)

Another reboot fixed it, thanks.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are we still having issues with this??

I just tried a reboot, cleared cookies, and still no luck being able to upload. I had no trouble a week ago, but now I cannot seem to upload anything.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just tried a test post and was able to upload a photo to my own test. Then I went to edit a post (which is what led me to question the upload) and was able to upload that same 1 photo. I tried to upload some more in that edited post, and nothing...the pics upload, and I get a lot of

"waiting on ss.com" and such as that, but when it's done....no pics.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just did some more tests....

I seem to have no troubles uploading to my own posts. I just uploaded 3 to a post and was good.

Went to the post I was editing (someone elses) and uploaded the same 3 pics just fine...got to the 4th one that I had not uploaded into my own post first and it wouldn't upload.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just edited your post and added 4 pics from the advanced upload window clicking on the + sign to add multiple attachments. Uploaded fine to your post.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
it may be hard to see, but here are some screen shots of when I try to upload to the post I'm trying to edit.

You'll notice at the bottom left of my screen, the message I get, it just keeps changing back and forth between what you see and then after a few seconds...it just stops and no pics are uploaded.

Attachments

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whether I use the advance upload or use the insert from the post itself, I get the same messages. Unless I have uploaded it to one of my own posts first.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any way for me to upload them without the auto resize....you can't see a thing in them the way they are.

57835152.jpg

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry, no there's not. Have you tried attaching them one at a time? As mentioned in other threads vBulletin and Yahoo kinda gave users a "screw you" response to their security flaw. If you have a slower internet connection for upload speeds, you may be timing out.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry, no there's not. Have you tried attaching them one at a time? As mentioned in other threads vBulletin and Yahoo kinda gave users a "screw you" response to their security flaw. If you have a slower internet connection for upload speeds, you may be timing out.
Yeah, I have tried one at a time and multiples.

I've got a 6 Meg DSL connection and my upload speed is running about .6M/s, so it is slower than my down speed but they all are.

I'll keep messing around and see if I can't turn something up. I don't think it's a timeout since it only happens when I am editing someone elses posts.

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was having the same issue as Speddmon. Adding pictures to someone else's post. Using Chrome, firefox and IE11. Seems to be fine now.

Adding to my own post isn't an issue.

Apoco2.jpg

m1008a1its.jpg

bobh.JPG

vtdeucedriver.jpg

tmnt.jpg

cucvnut.jpg