• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is wrong with pic loading?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Added pics to both of your posts through both the advanced uploader and the image insert link on the reply with no issue at all. 16mb internet here with a pathetic 1mb uplink. (That's the key part) Images were small that I uploaded. But the first upload was from raw file sizes on the earlier post which took a good couple of minutes to upload. Using FF here. Can't duplicate any issue.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm using Linux with SRWare Iron (Chromium based) browser, I just tried with FF and got the same results. Can upload to my own posts fine, but can't upload to anybody elses unless it has been first uploaded to one of my own.

So it doesn't appear to be a browser issue.

glassk

I'm using Linux with SRWare Iron (Chromium based) browser, I just tried with FF and got the same results. Can upload to my own posts fine, but can't upload to anybody elses unless it has been first uploaded to one of my own.

So it doesn't appear to be a browser issue.
upload to anybody elses unless--- My quick post won't either but Go advanced does 003 Penguin-On-The-Beach.jpg let me

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry, can't duplicate this issue as shown by multiple uploads. What size are the files? Can you try uploading four or more small images to this post?

IMG_1473.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

glassk

no browse box.jpga browse box.jpg

first is quick reply no browse box and second is go advanced which I had to use to up load,... not sure if that helps any

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry, can't duplicate this issue as shown by multiple uploads. What size are the files? Can you try uploading four or more small images to this post?
I'm out of town for the weekend and only have my tablet, I can try an upload with it. But since I rarely use it to access the site, I'm not concerned about it working or not.

The pics I was trying to upload were just the larger auction pics from a GL link someone posted, so they weren't too large.

IMAG1358.jpg

Attachments

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just got to my dads in FL. Uploaded a pic of the SEMTT to your last post. Totally different ISP I've never used before. Laptop I rarely use, from chrome this time to have something close to you guys. Sorry, still works fine.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tried to add pics to your post Drew with my tablet and got the same results. I was able to edit my post above and add the cat pic.

IMG_1466.jpg

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Scratch what I said in that last post. I don't have a ton of pics to choose from on my el-cheapo tablet. But with the tab I can add pics to your post, my post and upload to a fresh post as above.

The pics I just used were in the 130 Kb range, the GL pics from earlier were only about 42Kb or so.

The problem seems to only exist on my pc...and warthogs.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm at a loss. I've not been able to duplicate the issue. And I've uploaded from three different locations and machines. As well as large and small files.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Scratch what I said in that last post. I don't have a ton of pics to choose from on my el-cheapo tablet. But with the tab I can add pics to your post, my post and upload to a fresh post as above.

The pics I just used were in the 130 Kb range, the GL pics from earlier were only about 42Kb or so.

The problem seems to only exist on my pc...and warthogs.
Hmm, ok. Can you talk to each other to see what kind of security software or settings you two might share?

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just had a thought. The test pics you've been using. Have you ever uploaded them before to another post?

I ask because I can use pics in someone elses post if they are ones I had previously uploaded. But brand new uploads are the ones I seem to have issues with.

IMAG0001.jpg

IMAG0044.jpg

IMAG0128.jpg

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Some yes, others no. I'll post one in your most recent reply that has never been. Actually, I'll add several.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Uploaded pics to your post that have never been here, still in raw/large format as well.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll try to send a pm to Joe this weekend and see if we can compare systems to see what might be common between us.

phil2968

I think I'll try one, from my phone, for Ron my tree huggin' buddy! This is with Tapatalk. uploadfromtaptalk1394278077757.jpg
I bought Kenny's pioneer tool trailer to pull behind the 1009. This was through quick reply as well.

Last edited:

phil2968

Still from my phone but on the website because the note book computer bit the dust. I like the avatar Tom! Most of my good pics are in the note book!
Well that doesn't work. I can't drag the pics to the upload box. Tapatalk is faster anyway

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 481768View attachment 481769

first is quick reply no browse box and second is go advanced which I had to use to up load,... not sure if that helps any
I'm glad it's not just me. That's the problem I've been having with a Dell desktop and an HP laptop, both using Explorer. Either no browse box, or if I do get a box and click on a pic, nothing happens. I just gave up on starting several threads since pics were critical to the subject.
Eunice LA VFW.jpg Stock truck.jpg

Well crap, now I edited the post to both insert one new photo and attach another new photo and it worked. Seems to be a hit or miss problem.

Last edited: