• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what u guys think??

powersmoke18

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah lmao!!! umm lets just say i didnt find my club fred shirt on the ground!!!! ya my friends dragged me in there for their buddys birthday!! lemme tell you its a once in a lifetime choice!!! not planning on doing it again!!!!

Ruppster

Member of questionable origins
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love what you have done so far. One thing I hope to do in the next few years is bob an M800 series 6x6 and drop in a 300 hp Cat 3176 10 liter engine (I have one in a rusty Ford L9000). Would do it now but I need to rebuild another truck I have first (a 1970 Dodge CT800 semi truck with a 413 gas engine that I'm thinking of repowering with a DD 6V53). Till I get it done the wife would kill me if I started on another truck. :-D

Anyhow, keep up the good work.

Ruppster
1985 M1009 Blazer

powersmoke18

haha nice!! ya i know what you mean about getting projects done!! i currently have 2 trucks i'm working on by my self so i'm all over the board!! thats why i have people helping me with this one!! i wonder what this truck would do with an 800 hp big cam??? prolly snap axle shaft like nobodys buisness!!!! would be cool tho!!! cant wait to take it to the truck pulls!!!!!

powersmoke18

I was thinking about doing that but idk where to put it or how to fit it!!! I kind of wanted to keep the 105 bed clean and uncut!! But I want a rear winch bad!! So my idea is to maybe mount one at the front of the bed to the truck frame. Or build a mount for a rear winch. Ill figure it out!! It just might take a while!! Maybe a wrecker winch mounted in the front of the bed with fairleads at the rear and run the cable underneath the bed???

area52

I have always dreamed of making a bobbed 5 ton but making the bed similar to an old Willys pickup, with the flat fenders that matched the front. I was thinking of taking 4 front fenders and combining them to make a set of rear fenders over the wheels. I think it would look better than a M105 bed but yours looks very good with that paint job!!

DMgunn

I have always dreamed of making a bobbed 5 ton but making the bed similar to an old Willys pickup, with the flat fenders that matched the front. I was thinking of taking 4 front fenders and combining them to make a set of rear fenders over the wheels. I think it would look better than a M105 bed but yours looks very good with that paint job!!
Agreed. I think the trailer fenders are too small, and the openings are too high relative to the fronts. I hadn't thought of using stock front fenders to fab up rears. That is a great idea! Hope to see pics if you go ahead with it.

As far as this truck goes, looks like you are doing nice work - I personally prefer tandems though - bobbed 5-tons are an "acquired taste" - and I'm just not there yet, but I'd bet it's alot easier to drive on a campus :-D.

powersmoke18

well i love the way it looks!!!! plus ease of driving on campus is a big plus!!! caint wait!! unfourtunetly i do not have any more pics. in 1 to 2 weeks i will have the truck in my hands and then watch out!! this post will be full of pictures!!!!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
well today i got some awesome pics from the guys ove at john winslow's place and let me tell you i am more than happy!!! the truck looks great!!! they are doing a fantastic job!!!! can't wait to see it all done!!!!
John knows how to lay down the CARC for sure. I plan to have him shoot my 925A2 when it's done.

Great truck by the way. Since you are a diesel mechanic in training, what about a big service body on the back with a compressor, welder, and a port-a-crane?!:twisted:

powersmoke18

thanks!! i know!!!!, johns team did a fantastic job!!! caint wait!!!!!!!!! looks like ill be going do either this weekend or next weekend!!! should be great!!! i thought about building a service body for it but i dont know if i would want to drive it every day to work. i have a f350 sercive truck now tho!! we shall see!! thanks for the complements!! your M925A2 will look great!!!!! very excited to see how it turns out!!!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks