• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's all the fuss about?

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well...

...I didn't get to drive one when I was in high school.

...It matches my extensive wardrobe of BDU/Cargo pants.

...I abhor Priuses (Prii: in the plural??).

...I love the sound of my Cummins.

...I can't afford an M-1 MBT.

...Most people love it.

...Looks cool parked at Home Depot.

...And in the United States of America you can buy just about anything.

nnero

They are more economical than you think. One time we had 2 tons of grain, 1 ton of cement mix, plywood, 8 and 12 ft lumber and a bunch of other things. All in one trip. This would have taken 2-3 trips with a pickup. The gas milage isnt that bad without a lot of weight in the back. Our old F-250, which we sold to get the deuce, got 10-12 mpg (but it did haul ass) There is no better farm truck. Getting used to the shift pattern was the hardest thing for me.

Somemedic

the country girls at the feed store love em

Was at TSC this summer with the top off (the truck, you pervs) and 2 corn fed but none the less cute counter girls came out to look at the truck. Had some lady eyeballing me and the blazer on another trip. I might just start hanging out there more often....

You fellas hadnt mentioned that it also keeps the neighbors on their toes. I havent had anything stolen out of ANY of the cars since the deuce showed up. Im guessing the local riff raff assume a guy who has that sort of truck, along with the others, probably has the means to collect quite a cache of weapons associated with the military (which I dont). However, I see no reason to correct them.

In the event theres a flood or heavy snow I may be called upon to do some rescue or ems type duties. I believe this truck above the others is quite suited to help me either get to where I need to go or perform certain other tasks other vehicles just wouldnt be able to. yadda yadda yadda... was really bought cuz of the cool factor.

airmech3839

Since I use mine as a daily driver my friends and coworkers have stopped asking the "are you crazy?" and "what you gonna do with it?" questions and have accepted the fact that I am certifiable and they let me be!!!:twisted: I love driving it and it makes me smile when I pull up to family events!!!! cause all the kids run out and wanna climb all over it!! And all my uncles and cousins drool over it...then say aww I wouldnt get one cause it wont go faster than 55mph...... Just wait till the zombie's come...he will be calling!!! :twisted:

It's solid......Kids cant tear it up....its got a 8x12 storage shed on the back and I dont have to buy fuel for it!! WMO and Cooking oil!!!!

Mt Doom Field Owner

At my paintball field I have kids tell their mom (or dad) that the best part of their visit to the field was the ride in the "deuce". Nothing gets you into the "shootin-mode" better than the big green noisy as heck truck! If winds have blown tree limbs onto the roadways I just plow on over them.
For me the whole reason for owning one and driving it is... BECAUSE I CAN! Thank the Lord that so far in America we have the freedom to own and drive in public a truck such as this. I have been blessed with enough extra money to maintain and keep it running so for this I am thankful and the best thing is that this big old green truck was once a part of the American Army (whatever branch hardly matters)... It served our country and it served FREEDOM! I now have a tiny piece of that Freedom to own and drive as I please. It just doesn't get any better than that! Pass me a beer.

When I first saw the deuce on GL I just had to have it. My friends thought I was crazy. Now they want one too. I now spend alot of time on here reading all of the good info on how to improve a classic. Then I go out to the old bone yards and look for parts. This is a great site and thanks to all for the info.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did I forget...

...It's a male bonding thing for my son and me. He told his friends at school that his Dad owned an army truck and no one believed him. Until I picked him up one day:wink:.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did I forget...

...It's a male bonding thing for my son and me. He told his friends at school that his Dad owned an army truck and no one believed him. Until I picked him up one day:wink:.
My boy came home upset one day because he had told the other kids about "George" and they didn't believe him and were giving him a hard time...... until I dropped him off in it the next morning and picked him up that afternoon.

*You should have seen the soccer moms in the mini vans and SUV's eyeballing it too..... *