• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats the best glow plug for the cucv

cucvrus

Many opinions here. I have for the past 27 years of private ownership maintained the stock glow plug system with little or no issues. As things needed replaced I replaced them as they were. I didn't see any point in redesigning the system just to have something else fail in the future then stand back and scratch my head and wonder why or what I can do to prevent that. FACT. Mechanical things fail. FACT. You can't stop it from failure. FACT. Every action has a reaction and you change one thing and you have changed many. Butterfly effect. Breath deeply and work out the issues by the book. I mean how many times do I see it written here? Did you read the TM's.? Anyway I used and still use the A C Delco 13G stock glow plugs with the resistors still hooked up and I can't remember walking away from my CUCV any time in any weather that I couldn't get it started. I admit a few times it took magic mist. But never hurt a thing when used as intended. No glow plugs no explosive action takes place. Good Luck. I buy the A C Delco 13 G glow plugs at the local GM dealer. They are still available. I can get the part number for the 8 pack if needed. I don't have it written down. I just call and ask for 8 A C Delco 13G glow plugs. And I only replace the defective glow plugs. Seldom do I put 8 new in unless I am rebuilding the entire vehicle. even then I still test and keep the good ones for future use.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks