• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats the best glow plug for the cucv

cucvrus

Many opinions here. I have for the past 27 years of private ownership maintained the stock glow plug system with little or no issues. As things needed replaced I replaced them as they were. I didn't see any point in redesigning the system just to have something else fail in the future then stand back and scratch my head and wonder why or what I can do to prevent that. FACT. Mechanical things fail. FACT. You can't stop it from failure. FACT. Every action has a reaction and you change one thing and you have changed many. Butterfly effect. Breath deeply and work out the issues by the book. I mean how many times do I see it written here? Did you read the TM's.? Anyway I used and still use the A C Delco 13G stock glow plugs with the resistors still hooked up and I can't remember walking away from my CUCV any time in any weather that I couldn't get it started. I admit a few times it took magic mist. But never hurt a thing when used as intended. No glow plugs no explosive action takes place. Good Luck. I buy the A C Delco 13 G glow plugs at the local GM dealer. They are still available. I can get the part number for the 8 pack if needed. I don't have it written down. I just call and ask for 8 A C Delco 13G glow plugs. And I only replace the defective glow plugs. Seldom do I put 8 new in unless I am rebuilding the entire vehicle. even then I still test and keep the good ones for future use.