• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wheel Studs "Singling it Out"

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Noticed that these studs are for aluminum wheels ...did you happen by chance to resource a number for steel wheel applications?
The stud description is for Aluminum wheels as they are thicker typically than Steel wheels. There is no difference in the stud itself except for overall length and longer thread reach. The knurl and taper will be the same.

ke5eua

New studs came in. Total cost was 340, that includes freight. Not bad I think.

IMG_1220.jpgIMG_1219.jpgIMG_1218.jpgIMG_1217.jpg

This picture show all three studs for comparison. In the back are the new studs, one on left is original, and the right is the napa ordered one.
IMG_1214.jpg

goldneagle

ke5eua

Ok so I was pulling the studs in using the stock rim and the threads would stop before the stud was seated so I put the mrap wheel on.

Let me tell you, it was a PITA!

Studs are perfect, but I think I will have another issue to work with. The lug nuts are wanting to cut into the wheel so I think I am going to need to source the mrap lug nuts. Problem #2 is mrap lug nuts are M22x1.5 where the 900 / 800 / 35 series is 3/4-16.

:lost:

IMG_0023.jpgIMG_0024.jpgIMG_0025.jpgIMG_0026.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks