• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who has the oldest military Vehicle on SS

Wolf.Dose

Oldest vehicle

Hallo together!
First : Roger, forget that Jimmy in the Gerstfeldhöhe, it is scrap. I have seen it about 4 years ago.
Second: Doses a war important motorcycle count. It never served in the army but was used by a blacksmith during WWII. It was equiped with the fuel hock (Kraftstoffhaken) in red on a additional registration stamp on the number plate, with means it was allowed to refuel without bigger limitations.
I was registered on August 9, 1938 and is in my hands since almost 30 years.
It is a DKW Sport 250. I had the bike with me in 1989 in Normandy for D-Day calebrations.
Wolf

Attachments

Last edited:

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
Nice bike, Wolf! When I was stationed at Rhein-Main AB (Frankfurt), I had a 1945 Ardie 250cc Wehrmacht bike. I was going to bring it back to the States with me, but one of my German friends made me an offer that I couldn't refuse.

chupa

I had a 1940 Highway Trailer Co. K-38 trailer. Sold it this summer. FYI, Jackson Barracks Military Museum in New Orleans has a 1917 Cadillac staff car and a 1917 Renault FT-17 light tank.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks