• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who has the oldest military Vehicle on SS

Wolf.Dose

Oldest vehicle

Hallo together!
First : Roger, forget that Jimmy in the Gerstfeldhöhe, it is scrap. I have seen it about 4 years ago.
Second: Doses a war important motorcycle count. It never served in the army but was used by a blacksmith during WWII. It was equiped with the fuel hock (Kraftstoffhaken) in red on a additional registration stamp on the number plate, with means it was allowed to refuel without bigger limitations.
I was registered on August 9, 1938 and is in my hands since almost 30 years.
It is a DKW Sport 250. I had the bike with me in 1989 in Normandy for D-Day calebrations.
Wolf

Attachments

Last edited:

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
Nice bike, Wolf! When I was stationed at Rhein-Main AB (Frankfurt), I had a 1945 Ardie 250cc Wehrmacht bike. I was going to bring it back to the States with me, but one of my German friends made me an offer that I couldn't refuse.

chupa

I had a 1940 Highway Trailer Co. K-38 trailer. Sold it this summer. FYI, Jackson Barracks Military Museum in New Orleans has a 1917 Cadillac staff car and a 1917 Renault FT-17 light tank.