• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who won what on 12 NOV?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Does anyone know what the generators sold for in Santa Fe, NM. I was watching the two 30kW MEP's and the last I looked, they were over $1,500 each. They both ran (with GL pictures of them running) and looked to be clean units.

Thanks!
2200.00ish each, same bidder got both of them.

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Don,

I asked the same question cause my crystal ball comfirms many more than that. The actual number is irrelevant at this point but I can say the number he was provided might be just what GL has. I know a place within a short trip of my house where there are at least 200 still sitting awaiting for their day to come to be removed from service. I have visually layed eyeballs on these within the past 48 hrs. My crystal ball shows even more.

If we take into account the 109's, drop sides, etc, etc it's even more.

If you're looking for a water truck or fueler, you might have some reason to be concerned.

Oh, and I just remembered the ones that went to other agencies that sell through GSA.

And there are the ones with the Air Guard units and Navy Reserve guys that I don't have visibility on at this moment but will soon.

No offense intended to you for you got the info from GL who can say:
Hi, we sell deuces, we want to let everyone know there are very few left so you will buy them at a lot higher prices which is also why we are not sweating this short timeperiod of pulling them off the market (like we did last year about this time) so the prices will double and triple.

DonFremont

The supply of 2 1/2 tons are drying up on GL, there are only 200 left to be sold by GL. This hobby is only going to get bigger, and there are only so many trucks. Please don't take offense to what I said I am just trying to be informative! :p

I'm thinking about getting 1 more 2 1/2 ton from GL. Would you mind me asking what your source is on "200 left to be sold"? Can you tell me how confident you are in your source?

Thanks

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don,

I asked the same question cause my crystal ball comfirms many more than that. The actual number is irrelevant at this point but I can say the number he was provided might be just what GL has. I know a place within a short trip of my house where there are at least 200 still sitting awaiting for their day to come to be removed from service. I have visually layed eyeballs on these within the past 48 hrs. My crystal ball shows even more.

If we take into account the 109's, drop sides, etc, etc it's even more.

If you're looking for a water truck or fueler, you might have some reason to be concerned.

Oh, and I just remembered the ones that went to other agencies that sell through GSA.

And there are the ones with the Air Guard units and Navy Reserve guys that I don't have visibility on at this moment but will soon.

No offense intended to you for you got the info from GL who can say:
Hi, we sell deuces, we want to let everyone know there are very few left so you will buy them at a lot higher prices which is also why we are not sweating this short timeperiod of pulling them off the market (like we did last year about this time) so the prices will double and triple.
While I wouldn't want to breach national security or anything (therefore this is NOT A PROPOSAL) bu-u-u-ut it would be interesting to start a thread for reporting sightings of actual numbers of dueces still in service.

The figures are probably available through publicly accessible reports, etc - or even through a Freedom Of Information Request..... just thinking..... <sigh>
:cookoo: 2cents :rant: :rolleyes: :driver: aua :confused:

m35_military_parts

One of my best friends is friends with the principal engineer for AM General. The government extended the parts program with AM General for the 800 series till 2036. They are going to put 800 series back in service, I don't know if thats active duty, or national guards. Plain and simple they do not have enough trucks. You might see a lot of m35a2 trucks, Most are tagged FMS (foreign military sales). I am not saying there are only 200 left, I am saying there are only 200 or so going to GL as of right now. I have no clue about the A3, or shop vans. Thats what I was told from a good source, take it how you want. :-D

Chief_919

One of my best friends is friends with the principal engineer for AM General. The government extended the parts program with AM General for the 800 series till 2036. They are going to put 800 series back in service, I don't know if thats active duty, or national guards. Plain and simple they do not have enough trucks. You might see a lot of m35a2 trucks, Most are tagged FMS (foreign military sales). I am not saying there are only 200 left, I am saying there are only 200 or so going to GL as of right now. I have no clue about the A3, or shop vans. Thats what I was told from a good source, take it how you want. :-D
There are absoluetly no plans to put the 800 series "back in service", and as of right now the guidance issued is still for all units to turn in all 800 series vehicles as unservicable unless it is serving as an authorized substitute for an item the unit is authorized and awaiting delivery of.

m35_military_parts

There are absoluetly no plans to put the 800 series "back in service", and as of right now the guidance issued is still for all units to turn in all 800 series vehicles as unservicable unless it is serving as an authorized substitute for an item the unit is authorized and awaiting delivery of.

You are 100% right, but the replacement trucks are not coming fast enough. Just like in most states there are no m35 series trucks left in service for the national guards. I know MI, and OH paid a contractor to round up all the m35 series trucks from the national guards.

rat4spd

I know where the regular Army has a good half dozen deuces in regular use, as I have ridden in the back of them a number of times in the last few weeks.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor

Uhhhhh, OK if you say so. Have a nice day.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Concur, Chief (not that we know anything....right?).

I'm gonna shut up before I say too much even though I probably already have.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I myself appreciate the fact that members share information, bogus or not. It is up to the readers to determine how much water it holds. Only time will tell who really is "in the know". It is a bit disappointing though, to see some the immaturity displayed here. Just my 2cents

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really enjoy this web site, and I have been on here for years, I had to make a new account I forgot my password to my old account. I have made a lot of friends through here.
M35_military_ parts, you need to contact me via PM, you have admitted to breaking the rules here. I need to know your previous account name. When you have trouble signing in, you need to contact SS support, not make a new account.

Hello,
My name is Joe Phillips, I love the military vehicle hobby. I have been buying trucks from GL since 2003. I enjoy driving, buying, and selling them. I found SS about 2 years ago, and have been hooked ever since. I have meet a few people from SS, and they all have been very nice people. I would like to meet more people from Michigan with military trucks. If you need any parts, advice, Or help I do all of my own work on my trucks. PM me and I will send you my phone number. Thanks!
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/390606-post1.html

Why didn't you mention your previous account in the link above?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks