• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch Deuce on GL for $1100

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RidgeRunner,

New parts will cost you about a C note each.... :shock:

BUT, they aren't made with rubber bushings, these have ball joints in them. Quite a bit of an upgrade if you have some extra cash laying around.

I am sure used ones are around, the classifieds are your friend!

I can't wait for the recovery thread... :)

Dave
Are you saying new upgraded dogbones are available that don't use a rubber bushing? Link? :D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RidgeRunner,

New parts will cost you about a C note each.... :shock:

BUT, they aren't made with rubber bushings, these have ball joints in them. Quite a bit of an upgrade if you have some extra cash laying around.

I am sure used ones are around, the classifieds are your friend!

I can't wait for the recovery thread... :)

Dave
Can you provide a link or a pic to these? I've not heard of these yet. Sounds neat.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
easy fix to drive,
place the dogbone end over the post, take a come-along between the the far side and the DB, use another come-along to rotate the axle to line things up, as you put a load on the first come-along, hit the DB with a BFH, once the DB is back in place use a CHAIN and binder to hold it in place ( go from the axle houseing to th DB) or once in place have someone wELD a big bolt or a bar to the end of the pin. this fix is used everyday to bring a seperated DB home, I have seen more then logging truck go all season on these fixes

I'm so slow typing that 2 pages showed up while I posted this, or read the WHOLE thread first

Last edited:

spicergear

Get the link back in place like Kenny said and ratchet strap it over to the spring pack to keep tension on it in the right direction. Also, look at the others to see is any of them look like they'll let go on the way home. If any are questionable, swing a strap around them too. You'll know if one lets go when you're driving as you'll get some interesting bumping...lumpy...slightly angry notes coming back through the drivetrain- especially if an upper one lets go and allows the rear to 'nod' forward. Oh, do not even bother with trying to change one out on site. LARGE nuts in not the best places to get at for the center mounts, PLUS they're a tapered fit like a tie rod end. When have you ever had one of them pop out simply by pulling the nut off? :mrgreen:

ARYankee

I really just wanted the winch setup and the bed cover in the box, but if it is a runner I will just have to keep her.
Wow!!! You dog!! :) I was watching that for that same reason! The last hour of the auction I ended up getting busy at work so I didn't get throw in a bid. I'm glad though because I wouldn't want to hose you. If you need any help, let me know.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
That is unique. I wonder if Clinton is not having those made exclusively for him.
I am guessing that dogbone is not so much for the MV crowd but the CUSTOM 4x4 rock crawler bunch, using the deuce axles with 4 point links, ect. this kind of build would need the ball joint end as compared to the standard rubber end used on the deuce

Welder Sam

I can do the welding but im 35mi east of lr on hwy70. Plenty of room to leave the beast w/o worry. Got a few tools but not much big enuff. Can prob get anything needed for a while tho.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As far as I can tell it was an air force truck for the last 5-6 years with little to no maintenance done on it in that time? Any help with the dog bone is appreciated. I am going to drag my feet on the EUC, I have a plant shutdown in the third week of August which would work out great, of course this time my EUC will clear in a week!!! Just looking at the manual I think I can use a ratchet strap to pull the axle in line and then use a farm jack to squeeze the dog bone onto the stud, then a chain or ratchet strap to hold it in place for the 85 mile drive to the cabin. I need to head down and have a look to check fluids and see if it will crank. If it will not run then I am down to heading down to Little Rock and tow baring it home with the 818. Which means I will have to get the 818 road worthy, it never ends!

Attachments

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As far as I can tell it was an air force truck for the last 5-6 years with little to no maintenance done on it in that time? Any help with the dog bone is appreciated. I am going to drag my feet on the EUC, I have a plant shutdown in the third week of August which would work out great, of course this time my EUC will clear in a week!!! Just looking at the manual I think I can use a ratchet strap to pull the axle in line and then use a farm jack to squeeze the dog bone onto the stud, then a chain or ratchet strap to hold it in place for the 85 mile drive to the cabin. I need to head down and have a look to check fluids and see if it will crank. If it will not run then I am down to heading down to Little Rock and tow baring it home with the 818. Which means I will have to get the 818 road worthy, it never ends!
That would be the CARDINAL SIN of GL AUCTION BUYING !

Don't induce any delays that can domino against you later.

2cents

greg2560

fuzz no truck pull :( had water well problem. Boy I was pissed still do not have well fixed got to get a new pump.. Water more important that truck pull

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks