• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WMO(used motor oil) in 6.2 M1009

donalloy1

been feeding m1009 light ratios of oil, atf, and 2cycle mix ( not waste lube ) :grd:for a while with mixed results. have noticed at least 2mpg increase in fuel economy. seems to quiet down 6.2 a little. little harder to start at times even here in norcal. smokes a little more than on staight deisel? hope i have not hurt her? cannot wait to step up ratio more to see what happens! have not noticed hp increase though? been told by old timer need to have gm pro do dynamic timing set? totally open to suggestion.

Nachodaddy77

I've been using WMO for about 2yrs now I've also ran ATF and hyd. Fluid. 80% WMO/20 diesel works the best in warmer climates. in the winter I run 50/50.

Just a word of caution I've broke the main shaft in a 6.2 ip running 100% oil but that was 15/40.

I just started running it in my m1028

camp9

I've been using WMO for about 2yrs now I've also ran ATF and hyd. Fluid. 80% WMO/20 diesel works the best in warmer climates. in the winter I run 50/50.

Just a word of caution I've broke the main shaft in a 6.2 ip running 100% oil but that was 15/40.

I just started running it in my m1028
Were you running it in a 6.2 for two years? How far down do you filter it? Thanks.

Nachodaddy77

Usually I filter to 10 microns then 5 microns into the tank to prevent file filter clogging. Filtration is key I'm also adding two filters in my cucv and removing the stock one.
I've ran 100% WMO in a 6.2 k5 for 1yr before the pump went out. I'm working on a heating system I will post a thread when i start the WMO setup in my m1028

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks