• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WMO(used motor oil) in 6.2 M1009

YellowHammer

I've scoured all the threads in the alternative fuels section and learned a vast amount of info on all types of fuels for different MV's. I saw many opinions and theories regarding using WMO in the 6.2. But never saw exactly what I was searching for. What I really want to know is: Are any of you doing this? What ratio? What level of filtration? Any issues with your IP's or filters?

I have quite a bit of WMO that I'd love to supplement into the tank of my M1009 if it wont cause any major issues. I was thinking maybe 3-5 gallons added to the other 22-24 gallons of highway diesel. I know I could be wrong, but it seems it may even be better for the IP since the ultra-low sulfur fuels have a much lower lubricating value.

I certainly would love to hear from those more knowledgeable than myself.
Thanks

Westech

CPL
well in my Cummins 5 ton I add 25% WMO to diesel and she runs great.. smoke a tad but really not bad at all. I would say 25% in a 6.2 would be fine. I going to try it when i get home for sure.

Last edited:

tripp2727

i have been running mixed ratios for a few months now. i have an unlimited supply of wmo and from my experience i have not had any problems except slightly harder starting on colder days. i filter mine through a 5 micron sock filter. i started out with just 5 gallons wmo to a tank and have kept increasing the ratios of wmo to now i have gone as much as 50/50 and no problems. as the weather gets hotter i am going to experiment with higher wmo ratios. ill update with my progress.

stump

Get rid of the chevy fuel filter and replace with a boat fuel water seperator. Not that you have water but it last much longer and you can fill the filter befor you instal. The kit is at Walmart for $ 25.00 and then new filters are $7.00 each. I keep a can of diesel in my truck and a extra filter Fram fs3080. I drive 80 miles a day on wvo with gas and also have ac on my 6.2. 20 gal wvo to 5 gal gas. Clean the oil with a centrifuge beter than pre filtering and save the money on filters.:twisted: Why did I go to Saudi . To protect oil prices.

avengeusa

Run it through a centrifuge first and get it cleaned down to less than 1/2-1 micron, a centrifuge will also remove water......

Blood_of_Tyrants

I have heard many diesel mechanics say that when they change the oil in the OTR rigs, they just pour the old oil right into the tank. I have run a 50/50 regular gasoline/WMO mixture in my deuce with no problems at all.

avengeusa

I have heard many diesel mechanics say that when they change the oil in the OTR rigs, they just pour the old oil right into the tank. I have run a 50/50 regular gasoline/WMO mixture in my deuce with no problems at all.
I am running straight, centrifuged wmo in my deuce

runs great

Dieselsmoke

I've been running straight WMO in all of my rigs for over a year now. One pass through the centrigfuge, into my holding tank, then into the fuel tank. Once in a while I brew up some biodiesel, but have more WMO than anything. Passes NV diesel emissions test no problem.

avengeusa

I've been running straight WMO in all of my rigs for over a year now. One pass through the centrigfuge, into my holding tank, then into the fuel tank. Once in a while I brew up some biodiesel, but have more WMO than anything. Passes NV diesel emissions test no problem.
can you, or have you been running 100% wmo in the cucv ? or just the multi's

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks