• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WMO(used motor oil) in 6.2 M1009

YellowHammer

I've scoured all the threads in the alternative fuels section and learned a vast amount of info on all types of fuels for different MV's. I saw many opinions and theories regarding using WMO in the 6.2. But never saw exactly what I was searching for. What I really want to know is: Are any of you doing this? What ratio? What level of filtration? Any issues with your IP's or filters?

I have quite a bit of WMO that I'd love to supplement into the tank of my M1009 if it wont cause any major issues. I was thinking maybe 3-5 gallons added to the other 22-24 gallons of highway diesel. I know I could be wrong, but it seems it may even be better for the IP since the ultra-low sulfur fuels have a much lower lubricating value.

I certainly would love to hear from those more knowledgeable than myself.
Thanks

Westech

CPL
well in my Cummins 5 ton I add 25% WMO to diesel and she runs great.. smoke a tad but really not bad at all. I would say 25% in a 6.2 would be fine. I going to try it when i get home for sure.

Last edited:

tripp2727

i have been running mixed ratios for a few months now. i have an unlimited supply of wmo and from my experience i have not had any problems except slightly harder starting on colder days. i filter mine through a 5 micron sock filter. i started out with just 5 gallons wmo to a tank and have kept increasing the ratios of wmo to now i have gone as much as 50/50 and no problems. as the weather gets hotter i am going to experiment with higher wmo ratios. ill update with my progress.

stump

Get rid of the chevy fuel filter and replace with a boat fuel water seperator. Not that you have water but it last much longer and you can fill the filter befor you instal. The kit is at Walmart for $ 25.00 and then new filters are $7.00 each. I keep a can of diesel in my truck and a extra filter Fram fs3080. I drive 80 miles a day on wvo with gas and also have ac on my 6.2. 20 gal wvo to 5 gal gas. Clean the oil with a centrifuge beter than pre filtering and save the money on filters.:twisted: Why did I go to Saudi . To protect oil prices.

avengeusa

Run it through a centrifuge first and get it cleaned down to less than 1/2-1 micron, a centrifuge will also remove water......

Blood_of_Tyrants

I have heard many diesel mechanics say that when they change the oil in the OTR rigs, they just pour the old oil right into the tank. I have run a 50/50 regular gasoline/WMO mixture in my deuce with no problems at all.

avengeusa

I have heard many diesel mechanics say that when they change the oil in the OTR rigs, they just pour the old oil right into the tank. I have run a 50/50 regular gasoline/WMO mixture in my deuce with no problems at all.
I am running straight, centrifuged wmo in my deuce

runs great

Dieselsmoke

I've been running straight WMO in all of my rigs for over a year now. One pass through the centrigfuge, into my holding tank, then into the fuel tank. Once in a while I brew up some biodiesel, but have more WMO than anything. Passes NV diesel emissions test no problem.

avengeusa

I've been running straight WMO in all of my rigs for over a year now. One pass through the centrigfuge, into my holding tank, then into the fuel tank. Once in a while I brew up some biodiesel, but have more WMO than anything. Passes NV diesel emissions test no problem.
can you, or have you been running 100% wmo in the cucv ? or just the multi's