• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

would you give up your wife for your truck?

well would you?

• Total voters

Mt Doom Field Owner

Well heck no I wouldn't trade my wife in for a MV... in many ways she is just like the MV herself... for example she is reliable and always ready for action even if she is old and worn (hell folks, we're both pretty old)... she runs on about any kind of fuel... and for an old gal she looks GOOD to me! Just like my old worn and beaten deuce looks pretty good to me! So you see, all things being equal as I've explained above... the wife takes up a lot less yard space so she is the keeper and the MV would have to go.

(Lord I prey that she never sees this commentary!) :wink:

Last edited:

wb1895

My choice????? Heck my wife has told me she will push me out of the way to get to the deuce. So, the real question is what would my WIFE pick, me or the MV?!?!?!?!?!?!?:wink:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No way in God's green earth I would trade my wife for a hundred trucks, heck, not even a thousand. She can make anything feel better.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
since I'm not married it's easy to say 'no' to the non-existent wife..

I would have to say that any woman considering marrying me would already be aware of my truck and electronics hobbies beforehand. At least one date and maybe a camping trip would have been in the M35. For any relationship to develop, those kind of hobbies including all the friends attached with them would have to be grandfathered.

On the other side of the coin, there's no value in telling a potential wife that this or that hobby of hers was unaceptable and still pushing for the relationship.

armytruck63

I bought my wife her own Army truck. It's on her finger.

She lets me play with the deuce and CUCV and she actually likes the Pinzgauer. She also likes the interesting people at the club meetings.

I am a lucky guy.
Matt

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't think of anyone I would rather have around me than my wife. No matter how ticked off she is at me I would rather be in a room with her than anyone or anything else.

She tolerates everything I do and still loves me. She has limited me to the two trucks I currently have along with the 4 M105s. I can live with that until I convince her to let me get a third. :)

sw

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yall have a bunch of good wives. Sort of wish I had one now. But I'm too old to be chasing babies.

Rattlewagon

"It's cheeper to keep'er!!!" rofl

Seriously, I have been married for 14 years. We each get up every morning to go to work to earn the money to buy the stuff the government wont give us.

She has her hobbies and I have mine but we always have each other.

I could do far worse.

dan

omega231

Question is why would you marry anyone who would make you give up something you loved:?:
depends. if its all the junk youve collected over the years and never could make yourself get rid of it, sure. but there is no way in hell id would give up my hobbies (obcessions). those being video games and green iron!

Numbers

Well, this really depends on who has the problem. If all your money goes into your "habit" then you might not have a leg to stand on. If all her money goes into your MV you don't have a leg to stand on. However, if the only reason given is that it is big, green, and ugly then "I'm gonna miss her." :-D

omega231

fair enough. i could never ask a woman to fund my hobbies. im screwed on the spending all my money on the hobbies part though... 9 MVs is alot of money. i also have a severe VG addiction...

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
life would not be worth living without my wife, i can live without MVs

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Yall have a bunch of good wives. Sort of wish I had one now. But I'm too old to be chasing babies.

You are never too old.You need to hook up with the ole gal whose hubby just died who has the truck collection. You could kill several birds at once. You find love, you find more trucks and you find a woman used to being with a guy who likes and collects trucks. Who knows, she may have given him the money to buy his trucks and likes them as much if not more than he does...

scooter01922

I was gonna make a comment on the grinding till 0100 but i left it alone. But since you brought it up.....

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks