• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

would you give up your wife for your truck?

well would you?

• Total voters

Mark3395

Don't need to with mine. She supports my hobby and is a keeper.

Make the issue more intellectual: Offer the option of another wife.

I'd be willing to give up trucks if the trade was right.

BugEyeBear

Don't need to with mine. She supports my hobby and is a keeper.

Make the issue more intellectual: Offer the option of another wife.

I'd be willing to give up trucks if the trade was right.
Remember, a new woman is just like a new car...

Pretty, Fast, and without any problems at first. All of your friends are jealous, and wish they had one.
But before long they start to show signs of age, wear, make more annoying noises, and just don't have the same appeal as they once did. All of your friends tell you to get a new one.

ALSO the new one typically has higher monthly payments, and is more complicated than the old one.

BETTER OFF if you just keep the Classic.
Over the long haul these hold their value better!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WHAT:!::?::!::?: I don't want to give up ANY of my TOYS:!::!::!:

Besides - that would be like having the truck but losing my bestest playmate - She's former Army and is catching OD Fever too. (There's just something about a woman in camo and combat boots - LOL)

:driver::jumpin:

820jeep

I sold my CLASS III, M-60 belt fed machinegun, to payoff all my bills and make a downpayment on our house when we got married.
It was my most prized possession at that time.
So yes I would give up anything for my wife and or kids.

Varyag

Being that mine went a long way to finance my truck, and she has been soooooo cool about everything else. Sorry deuce.

Anyway, she would never say something like me or the truck. She knows she comes first.

moleary

If your wife is going to leave you "over your truck" then likely there is a lot more bothering her than the truck. Trucks are trucks, you can get another - my wife is a one-off - I can't imagine not being with her.

Zoyd AT1

How could you consider marriage to someone who would not accept your truck, motorcycle, rifle, or dog?

I came with the motorcycle, old car and rifle. The truck was her suggestion during a rambo movie. I just took her up on it and now we have a M109 to fix up.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My girlfriend wants me to get an MV so I'll be quiet about it....right, "quiet". Its just only going to exacerbate things. But..if I had to choose, it would have to be the truck. I've got a few years before I should even begin thinking about getting "hitched" and in todays society people come and go like a person with STML wondering the parking lot of Wal-mart looking for their car. (no offense to those who have it, metaphorically). But the truck will still be there. Heck! She has a 40+ year head start on me. But im sure my answer will change somewhere down the line.

73X

My wife enjoys my hobby so it is a moot point. But none the less as has been stated if my truck was going to cause her to leave there are bigger problems.
Besides my wife is a keeper regardless.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks