• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wow I got one (M915A1)

laserlee123

Congrats, I got three weeks ago, my EUC flew, it took a total of 11 days, I picked mine up for $1330, it was overhauled in 2004, and it pretty darn mint! 'cept for bad tires, after changing out the batteries, it fired right up, with a lots of rust water in the stack.

Then I drove it for 1100 miles home, very few problems, love it, good luck.

Attachments

krall

YOU GOT THAT TRUCK FOR ONLY 1300?? wow that looks great, thanks for the info that really helps, we will see how quickly this proccess goes. :driver:

gunboy1656

the dmv clearly states that if you class a vehicle as a classic you cannot drive it more then once a week or it has to be for a function/ parade etc....

I know a lot of people who would be in trouble if that is the case, heck I know of a couple trucks that are driven 4-7 times a week with classic plates on. And they run right by the cops all the time, and never been stopped.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My reco...get it shipped. Get it home and THEN learn about it. You are not far from there, which is probably why you are tempted to drive it out. The same logic applies to shipping. Since you are not far, it won't be that expensive and since you got such a good deal, you still won't have much in it. Good luck.

krall

ok so it looks like I don't need the cdl's but they want insureance and a temp tag, now I am sure you all have run accroun this and can help me more then the DMV (they were clueless) so who do I call for the insureance? any one place really good? I take it it will just be a temp thing untill I get the truck registered.

krall

My reco...get it shipped. Get it home and THEN learn about it. You are not far from there, which is probably why you are tempted to drive it out. The same logic applies to shipping. Since you are not far, it won't be that expensive and since you got such a good deal, you still won't have much in it. Good luck.

I appreciate the imput but I hardly have the money to buy the truck let a lone pay 1000$ to get it trailered. would I rather that? yes. many less headaches

krall

ok a few questions, I like how some people do the tinted windows and just never have done it my self, of course I don't really want to pay the money to do it when it seems prety easy, any one do this there first time and get it right? or is it just too complicated and pay the money to get it done pro?

ok then I got my revisions needed euc email today.... they made me switch the date from 15/10/10 to 10/15/10 .... they don't have the format set on the paper or state that anywhere but yet it is something they can gig you on. just seems with how many good pop up tips they have on the site they would have that on there two.

thanks

Congrats on you M915A1 Win!

Just wanted to say congrats on your win. I finally won an M915A1 at Topeka
after bidding on about 15 in various places. I wish mine had been as low bid as yours. Now all that stands between me and mine is the pending EUC clearance
and 800+/- miles! My M915A1 is my avitar picture.
:beer::driver:

Scarecrow1

They make some nice diy kits for tinting ....at a decent price ...Oh and don't feel bad it took me three trys to get the EUC straight ..thank goodness the GL lady named Brandi was so helpfull ..I waited until the last day to get it right and almost had to pay another 25% fee.....Oh A question please ..what do you plan to do with it ..Another member bought one but the insurance in his state forced him to sell it ...now that sucks ....:confused:

krall

after bidding on about 15 in various places. I wish mine had been as low bid as yours. Now all that stands between me and mine is the pending EUC clearance
yes I did see those trucks in KS I actually was born in ft riley as my dad was stationed there and have never since seen that state (4 years old) so I was thinking about it but none of them said they ran so I coudn't justify it. I hope all goes well, 800 miles should be a good show of how well that truck will be for you, I think I remember that one, it was the much better one of the group if I am not mistaken.

safe driving!

krall

They make some nice diy kits for tinting ....at a decent price ...Oh and don't feel bad it took me three trys to get the EUC straight ..thank goodness the GL lady named Brandi was so helpfull ..I waited until the last day to get it right and almost had to pay another 25% fee.....Oh A question please ..what do you plan to do with it ..Another member bought one but the insurance in his state forced him to sell it ...now that sucks ....:confused:

Yes I have been calling around and haven't realy gotten anywhere with the insurance but I here others that say its not expensive for this state, I think its more about searching around to find a company at a fair price, the bigger trucks are a little harder so yes I will sell if it becomes a problem but I already have a deuce bed that I am going to put on the back, I have plans to pull the fifth wheel plate and spare wheel, this way I can have a BIG truck with a bed to go through town for parades, hoping to get some bigger tires for wow factor but time will tell.

but the bottom line is, yes that sucks that in some states its not cheap to keep these trucks on the road but in others its not that bad, seems like it should be even all the way around,

R Racing

Don't know if its your first EUC or not but its been over a month on my first and was told it could take 3 months for your first 1 to go thru. So hang in there !

Last edited:

krall

R racing, no I have had a few in the past but not recently, we will see how long it takes, its got to be complicated or too many people would be doing it haha. but thanks

so a new thought, what do yall think of a bolster trailer on the back with a duece bed on it would look like, now keep in mind I already have a deuce bed going on the back of the tractor, would that be tacky or possibly be an ok match?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In terms of what stands in your way, add to your list the fact that they only have load-outs once a month at Topeka according to the GL rep there. So, if your EUC clears after the guy was there that month, prepare to wait a bit longer. I have heard that on occasion the guy has been there more than once a month, but that is what he tells you when you call him...so don't count on anything more than that. When I got a truck out of there, I found out on Tuesday that that month's load out date was on Friday (thanks for the notice!). I got it towed out and held until I could send a truck to retrieve it. Of course, I had to pay the daily storage fee. Good luck and congratulations!

In terms of what stands in your way, add to your list the fact that they only have load-outs once a month at Topeka according to the GL rep there. So, if your EUC clears after the guy was there that month, prepare to wait a bit longer. I have heard that on occasion the guy has been there more than once a month, but that is what he tells you when you call him...so don't count on anything more than that. When I got a truck out of there, I found out on Tuesday that that month's load out date was on Friday (thanks for the notice!). I got it towed out and held until I could send a truck to retrieve it. Of course, I had to pay the daily storage fee. Good luck and congratulations!

Bruce,
Thanks for the info, I had already talked to the GL rep and found out about the once a month load out, unless (according to him) there is 3 or more people needing to recover lots, then he might make a second load out date. I had asked if he could "try" to let me know two weeks in advance "if possible" when he would have a set load out date. He said he would but, who knows!
Also I am surprised, My EUC has already cleared on the Truck! I resubmitted it
after some revisions on 10/04, and it cleared on 10/21!!! This was my first EUC.
I wasnt expecting it to clear until late Nov. or early Dec. Who did you have tow your truck out and how much did it cost you, how long did you have to have it stored and what did that cost (if you dont mind me asking)? Thanks! Brandon

R Racing

WOW your EUC Cleared that fast on your first 1 ?? I have been waiting since Mid Sept on my first and was told 90 days, and still waiting ?? I have a 2nd 1 in now also for about 2 weeks ?? Wonder what i'm doing wrong ??? LOL