• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker count

WHAT WRECKER DO YOU HAVE

• M60

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • M108

Votes: 10 5.4%
  • M62

Votes: 22 11.8%
  • M543

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • M816

Votes: 71 38.2%
  • M246

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • M819

Votes: 12 6.5%
  • M936

Votes: 49 26.3%
  • Other Wreckers

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • K-Booms

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the "Other wreckers" club!!! But WHAT is it? Can't find that annoying smiley face "...Useless without pictures" thing.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally got a crane truck to pick up all the stuff around the place so I can work on it. It's a 1986 M936 with all BII except the field chocks, tow bars and chains.
20130815_145218.jpg

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Sorta looks like a 936 rather than a 931, could be a 932 (has front winch) in EXTREME CAMO

Last edited:

C Big

rarest wreacker

I think I know where the rarest of rarest wreckers is located.

My Father has a 1935 West Coast International truck rigged with a 90,000 lb winch that was used by the USN during WWII to pull large ships (like aircraft carriers) in to dry dock in California. When the war was over my grandfather bought it and drove it to Western Kansas with a top speed of 35 MPH. We used it up until the early 70s as a wreaker/ winch truck. My Grandfather insisted that it was the only one the Navy ever had built.

Does a battle damaged aircraft carrier count a disable vehicle and if it does, wouldn’t the truck that tows it be counted as a weacker?

I’ll get some pictures uploaded

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I know where the rarest of rarest wreckers is located.

My Father has a 1935 West Coast International truck rigged with a 90,000 lb winch that was used by the USN during WWII to pull large ships (like aircraft carriers) in to dry dock in California. When the war was over my grandfather bought it and drove it to Western Kansas with a top speed of 35 MPH. we used it up until the early 70s and a wreaker/ winch truck. My Grandfather insisted that it was the only one the Navy ever had built.

I’ll get some pictures uploaded
We need pictures ASAP:)

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hulky

I Have an M108 wrecker (Austin Weston) mounted on an XM211 Truck I restored the truck well enough to get it registered and insured. PTO and possibly the pump still need to get fixed, but I believe that it will be functional after that. I will attempt to post pictures.
Bruce

Attachments

Last edited:

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Turns out I already updated the count a long time ago. At least now there are pictures.
Post #136
Bruce

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks