• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker Owners, Stand up and be Recognized!

6X6WES

proud new owner of a fresh from gl 936a2 got everything fixed so far but a leak on the boom is there any tm's on boom ram seal replacement ?I haven't been able to find them if there are . everything else was pretty minor park brake valve stuck (brakes were caged when I bought it ) an easy fix with the help from this site! / a couple of lights some outside some on dash / vise was locked up / ctis is disabled and some of the tires were low .all good now boom and all functions of the boom worked but there is a leak inside the boom im thinking the out (crowd) ram on boom.

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
We need to find the never ending WRECKER count poll and get it up, bet there is a large number of NEW wrecker owners.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I too am babysitting a wrecker, one I no longer own. I am replacing it with my own CUCV wrecker project.

ThatXJGuy

My M-62 2014-06-21 17.40.23.jpgIMG_20140802_193328.jpgIMG_20140416_122013.jpg It has been converted to the 673 Mack with an exhaust brake and all. Haven't had a chance to paint anything yet and it needs it, inside and out.

I would also like to replace the hood with all the original steel stuff, the tilt forward feature is nice but it's kinda flimsy built and just rattles and shakes and it looks too civilian... Also, some previous owner welded the air filter housing straight over the passenger kick panel vent which needs to be re-done.

Last edited:

ash collection uk

Hello everybody, I've just joined the site, after i found it looking for information on Smith Rodley 10 ton rough terrain cranes, I've been crazy enough to buy one. but i though i'd better join in and add to this thread. we have one or two vehicles in our collection, as for Wreckers:
Diamond T
Ward la France
Kenworth
AEC Militant MK3
Scammell Pioneer
Leyland Martian
Bedford 3 ton Light
10 ton recovery Dolly
International M62
Chieftain ARRV
Centurion ARV
we have quite a few other toys, and its fun when we attract the attention of passing Apache Longbows, glad they are friendlies!!

Csm Davis

My M-62 View attachment 530785View attachment 530787View attachment 530786 It has been converted to the 673 Mack with an exhaust brake and all. Haven't had a chance to paint anything yet and it needs it, inside and out.

I would also like to replace the hood with all the original steel stuff, the tilt forward feature is nice but it's kinda flimsy built and just rattles and shakes and it looks too civilian... Also, some previous owner welded the air filter housing straight over the passenger kick panel vent which needs to be re-done.
What kind of hood and grill is that?

Another Ahab

Hello everybody, I've just joined the site, after i found it looking for information on Smith Rodley 10 ton rough terrain cranes, I've been crazy enough to buy one. but i though i'd better join in and add to this thread. we have one or two vehicles in our collection, as for Wreckers:
Diamond T
Ward la France
Kenworth
AEC Militant MK3
Scammell Pioneer
Leyland Martian
Bedford 3 ton Light
10 ton recovery Dolly
International M62
Chieftain ARRV
Centurion ARV
we have quite a few other toys, and its fun when we attract the attention of passing Apache Longbows, glad they are friendlies!!
Whoa. You all do a lot of heavy lifting:

- A commercial operation? Highway recovery?

And welcome, from Virginia.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
My M-62 View attachment 530785View attachment 530787View attachment 530786 It has been converted to the 673 Mack with an exhaust brake and all. Haven't had a chance to paint anything yet and it needs it, inside and out.

XJguy, we need more pics!

Diamond T
Ward la France
Kenworth
AEC Militant MK3
Scammell Pioneer
Leyland Martian
Bedford 3 ton Light
10 ton recovery Dolly
International M62
Chieftain ARRV
Centurion ARV
Ash, I'd love to see some pics of the Scammell. Those are tough trucks!

ThatXJGuy

What kind of hood and grill is that?
It is a fiberglass tilt hood with a stamped chrome sheet grille. Im honestly not sure where it's from or if it was fabricated just for this truck or what the story is. It looks similar to some mack truck designs to me but the fenders fit the 5 ton body style too well so it makes me wonder. Somebody definitely knows their fiberglass but they must not have anticipated the rough ride of these trucks. It is just as heavy built as a civi semi hood but it shakes all over on my truck.
IMG_20140802_193351.jpgIMG_20140802_193411.jpg

Testing it out a little lifting the 4,500LB rear end of my first gen Cummins. Lifted it like there was nothing on the hook too. We tried without the outriggers first though and it leaned quite a bit.
IMG_20140724_185623.jpg And yes I let my wife play with my toys....

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks