• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker Owners, Stand up and be Recognized!

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello everybody, I've just joined the site, after i found it looking for information on Smith Rodley 10 ton rough terrain cranes, I've been crazy enough to buy one. but i though i'd better join in and add to this thread. we have one or two vehicles in our collection, as for Wreckers:
Diamond T
Ward la France
Kenworth
AEC Militant MK3
Scammell Pioneer
Leyland Martian
Bedford 3 ton Light
10 ton recovery Dolly
International M62
Chieftain ARRV
Centurion ARV
we have quite a few other toys, and its fun when we attract the attention of passing Apache Longbows, glad they are friendlies!!
NEED PICS.....Especially the Chieftain and Centurion!

70deuce

The second picture is my wrecker while it was serving with the 10TH Combat Support Hospital unit out of FT Carson, CO. That unit is still in existence there and one of these days I am going to visit them to see if they can provide any history on the truck. In the sixth picture we are moving the OH-58 Kiowa the National Guard donated to the club down my driveway before transport to the Pueblo Air Museum. It had been out in front of the house decorated fro XMAS.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
70Deuce,
Would you be so kind and take a couple of photos of the attach points for the mud spades mounted to the top of your 936's boom. I have a set of spades however my trucks boom has no attach points on top. Looking to fabricate, just need good photo of layout.
No rush, thanks
JC

Csm Davis

70Deuce,
Would you be so kind and take a couple of photos of the attach points for the mud spades mounted to the top of your 936's boom. I have a set of spades however my trucks boom has no attach points on top. Looking to fabricate, just need good photo of layout.
No rush, thanks
JC
Scar59 not taking anything from 70Deuce but if you turn them around they will lay down and act as guard for the cable. You can use the spades own pins and some small pieces of flat plate steel to mount them.

70deuce

Scar59, here are a few pictures. The rear end of the spade is just slipped over what looks to be a solid 1 inch pin welded on to the top of the boom. The front is chained to a loop welded to the boom just aft of the topmost rear boom roller. The spades rest on that rear roller. Added another view of the light display.

70deuce

Attachments

Hoefler

IMG_3403.jpgIMG_3401.jpg
The spades on my truck where already mounted like yours (truck came out of Little Falls, MN). Have noticed that others have their spades going the opposite direction. Makes me wonder if they come loose without any mounts.
Pete

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 531592View attachment 531593
The spades on my truck where already mounted like yours (truck came out of Little Falls, MN). Have noticed that others have their spades going the opposite direction. Makes me wonder if they come loose without any mounts.
Pete
Hoefler, I see your doing some dirt work, you using the wrecker to pack the dirt? I use my wrecker all the time to pack our dirt road and other dirt work projects.[thumbzup]

6X6WES

man I wish I had my spades / boom supts / tow bars / ect... all was removed when I got it. the only thing that wasn't missing was a single and a double snatch block that was in the batt box . I guess they didn't look in there . I will need to locate this stuff any body close to nc have any?

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
man I wish I had my spades / boom supts / tow bars / ect... all was removed when I got it. the only thing that wasn't missing was a single and a double snatch block that was in the batt box . I guess they didn't look in there . I will need to locate this stuff any body close to nc have any?
That is to bad for sure, I was lucky and the tool boxes were locked and I got almost all the BII for it.
I do have some things if you need them. PM for list, it is not much.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I keep reading the title to this thread and can't help but feel we missed out on a good pun; "Wrecker Owners, Rise up and be Recognized!" since we have the equipment to do so. :mrgreen:

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't find the thread discussing various spade mounts from maybe a year ago, but here is pic that I posted of the ones I made for mine. No wrench reqd, but not lockable either...

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks