• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker Owners, Stand up and be Recognized!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I made spade mounts on top of each side bed rail, so the spades can be accessed from the ground, it is a pain in the a$$ to climb up and down then climb over other stuff to access then return the spades that are mounted on the boom. It is EAISER, FASTER AND SAFER to access as much wrecker gear from the ground, and speaking of the ground, you know where the ground is when you fall down as compared to when you fall OFF THE WRECKER where it takes a second to find the ground.

Remember the spades are going to be full of dirt after use, if the situation NEEDED spades, there is going to a LOT of work going into the winching operation, so even if the spades are clean, they will still feel twice as heavy when they are placed in there brackets due to work of the winching operation.

wcuhillbilly

First MV- 1970 Kaiser M816 thankfully the guy I got it off of picked it up personally at Salt lake and sold it to me with all the goodies in the boxes. Two wiffle trees ground spades chains, snatch blocks, pioneer tool kit, tire changing tools, and a couple things Im still scratching my head at.. Works great with my part time excavation/recovery side business. Just need to figure out a sling system like the Holmes wreckers for hooking onto the front of a civy truck.

Handiest piece of equipment in my arsenal!!!!

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Attachments

Tornadogt

Add this one to the list M936a2 (about 800 miles on a RRAD rebuild in 05)
Winona1.jpg
I have a paid invoice and no EUC.. just have to wait until the holidays are over to go get my Uncle Sam gift.

Artisan

I have a set of spades I might sell but I can't be
giving them away. A GREAT offer and I would sell them.
They are in Los Angeles County, California. Otherwise
I keep them for there planned / intended purpose.
I also have 2 differing sets ( 4? pcs) of spade CUPS, the swivel
devices the spades fit into. THAT makes this set awesome,
a guy could mount these to the front/or rear of an M925 A/A2

Does anyone know where there are, / who has, junk wreckers?

70deuce

Front to back view. Two things, see if you can see any smoke before the turbo spins up :) Also, those Goodyears are awesome in the snow. Never locked the front axle and went right up the hills that the deuce and M818 with the lugged tires would just spin 3 axles on. I could stop and get rolling again without any tire spin in the 8 inches of snow I was running around in. Yeh the wrecker is heavier but those tires and tread pattern do very well in snow. Way better better than the non-directionals. It was in Hwy mode so 90 PSI in them. This time I didn't add a bunch of get and the like last post.

http://youtu.be/ZbFEuFhfIOg

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Front to back view. Two things, see if you can see any smoke before the turbo spins up :) Also, those Goodyears are awesome in the snow. Never locked the front axle and went right up the hills that the deuce and M818 with the lugged tires would just spin 3 axles on. I could stop and get rolling again without any tire spin in the 8 inches of snow I was running around in. Yeh the wrecker is heavier but those tires and tread pattern do very well in snow. Way better better than the non-directionals. It was in Hwy mode so 90 PSI in them. This time I didn't add a bunch of get and the like last post.

http://youtu.be/ZbFEuFhfIOg
Your truck looks like it has much more get up and go than mine. When someone gets a chance can they time it on level ground 0 to 50?(M936A2) Mine still won't get into 5th lockup, but seems like mine is awful slow to get moving.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks