• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker Owners, Stand up and be Recognized!

amy1009

I'm so glad you guys posted these pictures! It allowed me to pick out the one I want - the M108 - nice...what a face!) Were there ever any multifuel wreckers made? Are these things just beastly to maintain and get parts for? Obviously...I'm in the 'want one' group...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: M816

Amy, my yellow M108 is a multifuel. It wasn't always that way though. Here's a looksee at what I did. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4163
The pics are now backwards since mangus reversed the pic order from days gone by. The deuce wreckers are much simpler than the 5 tonners but not nearly as hefty and not as plentiful. There are quite a few M108s here on Steel Soldiers though!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, go to the TM section and download NAVFAC P-300. Its quite in depth and you have to search but it has all the info on paint and markings you need. Basically it will be marked with US NAVY on both doors front and back. Under the doors will be the reg number. In your case with the 5 ton it wil be 96-XXXXX. If it's going to be a Seabees truck, the Seabees logo is 8" and goes under that. Lettering for US NAVY is 3" done in black. Seabees logos are yellow. I have some pics of the markings onn my long since been junked M756A2 if you need them. Also do a search of Seabees on the site, lots of info already discussed.

5ton52's

hey guy's i know this isnt the for sale section but i figure this would be a good thread to ask....i have a rear mount 45000 pond tulsa winch with trolley wheel for a wrecker 400.00 if any one is interested .......im in pa....267 228 1318

hoopsoft

You might be a redneck if you have a jeep bigger than a 5 ton wrecker on 52's..

HOLY CRAP DUDE.

I have a chance to put 1600's on my wrecker also, jeep thing. PM me, I'm curious about if you ever hit the wreck bed or when the tires rub. Also how will it affect how much it will carry. Not sure of the load rating on singles vs duals.

Question... I have an 816, what do you think it would take to put a 819 boom on it, I like the idea of being able to pickup stuff and put it on a trailer.

EDIT.. I just researched this some... is the 819 boom total manual???????? It won't go in and out on its own?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks