• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wreckerman and Elmo on the move

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I can name 4 out of 8 folks in the pic. Anyone else notice where Ron is looking? Throw us a bone, how many vehicles total in the convoy?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, here is what I've come up with for vehicles. Caprice, Suburban, M915 with chassis and connex (X2), M915 with M373, M915 with M146, M1028 (or 1031) with SECM body towing M101, M35A2 towing a covered M105 and an M816 towing an uncovered M105. Did I miss anything? Will all y'all be returning for a second load? Glad I don't have that fuel bill.

3dAngus

Still curious as to what that strange looking fuel depot was in the first fuel pump pic. Not a regular commercial retail delivery system.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Looking at the logistical support from the fueling station, looks like it is some kind of municipal or State org supporting the mission. Perhaps a well connected museum or Nat. Guard or something.
Wrong!!!
old truck stop, on old road, try asking first before thinking

CGarbee

Still curious as to what that strange looking fuel depot was in the first fuel pump pic. Not a regular commercial retail delivery system.
It's an old truck stop on a side road... Old enough to not have a line of shiny pumps under a canopy with a lot of neon... Just a couple pumps out front where you can pull in, fuel, and pay...

If you really want to go eyeball it yourself, go to Clinton, NJ...

Attachments

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Well we have made it to the Promised Land. We are at ZiggyO's new LZ herefor to be known as Area 52...located somewhere in Nebraska.

Todays journey was uneventful except for some rain.

The Wild Bunch made it to the LZ tired but still enthusiastic and added the convoy to the ecclectic collection already here.

We enjoyed a fantastic supper provided by Ziggy's dad and a tour of the sprawling compex......a site with a checkered history that involves hidden rooms, speakeasies and antebellum charm.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks