• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wreckerman's Spring Fling

joeM62

really that bad this should be fun in a duce. I know one part of it but this is on one of the levels the road goes vertically, not the main road. they might have change some of the road by then.

rod

Wreckerman, nice speaking to you this evening. I will probably be able to make the meet in my M1009 but will need to leave around 1pm to make it home for company coming in.

Please provide the exact location where we are to meet up and the time.

Thanks.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I will post the grid square (exact meeting point) next week with directions from all points.

I have decided to have the lunch (details to follow on that too) at my LZ since they charge admission to the park I was
looking at. I am also holding items for a couple of members and they can pick them up.

It is only a few miles from the canyon and will be at the end of the convoy.

There is plenty of room for trucks and I have a gazebo and creek frontage.

Stay tuned for final details.

Having fun is mandatory.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
OK folks...here are directions to the meeting place and details for the picnic:

From Birmingham take I-59 north to exit 218 (Hwy 35), turn right off the exit and follow Hwy 35. When you get to the top of the mountain go a few miles and watch for road construction (they are building a new bridge). Just past the old bridge there is a parking lot on the right.
That is the meeting point.

From Chattanooga take I-59 south to exit 222 (Hwy 11). Turn left off the exit and follow Hwy 11 south to Hwy 35. Turn left, when you get to the top of the mountain go a few miles and watch for road construction (they are building a new bridge). Just past the old bridge there is a parking lot on the right.

From Rome, Ga take Hwy 20 west, when you cross the Alabama state line the road changes to Hwy 9. Follow Hwy 9 to Hwy 35 and turn right and head north. When you get to the top of the mountain watch for construction zone. There is a parking lot on the left just before the bridge.

Meet time is 0830...we will gather there and wait till 0900 for folks to arrive.

At O900 we will convoy through the canyon and go off the back side of the mountain.

This a very steep and winding road...make sure your brakes are in tip top shape.......my recommendation is that once we get to the final few miles that all deuces and larger drop to LOW Range.

Once at the bottom of the mountain we will stop and check vehicles.

Since the park at the canyon mouth charges a per vehicle fee to enter I have decided to hold the picnic at my place.

It is about 5 miles from the foot of the mountain.

We should be there by 10:30 or so.

I have plenty of parking and a nice little gazeebo for cover from sun or rain.

We will have a hot dog, baked bean and chip lunch.

Please bring drinks for your party.

Flea market rules are in effect.....if you have stuff to sell bring it....my bizarre bazaar will be wide open.

If you want to skip the convoy and come to the picnic later PM me for an exact address and my phone number.

Come and have fun with your fellow MV addicts.

zout

Thanks WM - women were driving me nuts to make plans for the weekend and other camping arrangements after the run and it appears before the run as well.

If I do see any road kill or chance to mash something on the way to throw in the pot - by all means I will do it. Will try only to nick it and not make a gorey mess to skin and clean.

poppop

This sounds like great fun Richard, wish I could be there. Why don't you cook up some of that farm raised possum that you served us at the Ga. Rally??? That was tasty stuff.:D

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Folks.....Let me be the first to say :doh:.

Date of the rally is April 17th......meeting time is 08:30 AM Central time.

Squirt.....check the directions posted above. The meeting point is on Hwy 35 right at the entrance to Little River Canyon.

Derek.....I don't know how many MV's are coming....a lot I hope.

Folks....if you are at least 80% sure you are going to make the picnic lunch post how many will be in your party so I can have enough chow for all.

If I can get up there this week I'll post some pics of the parking lot where we will meet up.

If anyone wants my cell number PM me and I'll send it.

joeM62

well saturday is almost here, twright and me might be in the duce don't know what he is driving over in. Oh yah good luck to anybody who is going throu the canyon:)

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heck Joe it's right there, Why aren't you driving too? Think we are 5 mi from AL.:beer:

joeM62

well i don't have any insurance on mine, i took it off the truck when i got laid off and twright ask me if i wanted to ride with him up there i told him sure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks