• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wreckerman's Wood Fired Waste Oil Heater and Possum Parcher

MacGowan

Newbie here. Just to clarify: WMO = Waste Motor Oil, correct?

Your system heats WMO in order to allow it to become "thin" enough to be pushed through the filters and therefore, cleaned? Do you add anything else to the oil before filling your fuel tank with it?

I've been reading various articles regarding the making of biodiesel, which to me seems healthier for the engine, but your system sure does seem a heck of a lot easier! Perhaps I'm making life overly complicated by considering biodiesel, given the fact that a mulifuel engine is capable of far more than a standard diesel engine?

What do you think of this system, if you don't mind taking a look...? Oklahoma based biodiesel production resource.

James

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Yes....WMO is Waste Motor oil.

Your system heats WMO in order to allow it to become "thin" enough to be pushed through the filters and therefore, cleaned? Do you add anything else to the oil before filling your fuel tank with it?
That is correct Sir.

As far as adding anything else I have not put any fresh diesel or gasoline in the 250 gallon tote that holds the WMO...I have however added all kinds of scrap flammable liquid to it. There is transmission fluid, hydrolic oil, gear oil, etc. in there.

That is why it needs to be heated....it will run through the filters easier. We are experiencing temps in the low 90's and the oil in there is getting pretty warm just by convection right now.

I will prob not pull below a foot from the bottom of the tank to avoid getting too much water in the filters. I'm pretty sure there is a lot of crud in the bottom of the tote.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Yes....WMO is Waste Motor oil.
That is correct Sir.
As far as adding anything else I have not put any fresh diesel or gasoline in the 250 gallon tote that holds the WMO...I have however added all kinds of scrap flammable liquid to it. There is transmission fluid, hydrolic oil, gear oil, etc. in there.
And paint thinner etc.,roflrofl

Don't try this at home kids.:cookoo:

MacGowan

Wow! Sounds like a great thang, fer shure!! [thumbzup]

Before you fill your Deuce, do you add any diesel to your mix, or just run it as is? How does it burn? Any extra smoke when driving? Jeez - sounds too good to be true. Now I'm thinking of adding my very own redneck fuel station to my home.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Before you fill your Deuce, do you add any diesel to your mix, or just run it as is? How does it burn? Any extra smoke when driving? Jeez - sounds too good to be true. Now I'm thinking of adding my very own redneck fuel station to my home.

I do not run straight WMO........the correct formula for 100 gallons of "Wreckerman's Special Deuce Elixer" is:

30 gallons WMO

30 gallons Waste Veggie Oil

30 gallons straight diesel fuel

10 gallons regular gasoline.

Due to high fuel prices I may cut 5 gallons of gas and 10 gallons of diesel and up the percentage of WMO.

If it smokes more I can't tell.......most deuces smoke to some degree and unlike the states that have smoke Gestapos Alabama does not give tickets unless the smoke looks like a WWII smoke screen.

Some folks run a very high percentage of WMO but I don't like to poke the bear (well except Papa Bear).

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do not run straight WMO........the correct formula for 100 gallons of "Wreckerman's Special Deuce Elixer" is:

30 gallons WMO

30 gallons Waste Veggie Oil

30 gallons straight diesel fuel

10 gallons regular gasoline.

Due to high fuel prices I may cut 5 gallons of gas and 10 gallons of diesel and up the percentage of WMO.

If it smokes more I can't tell.......most deuces smoke to some degree and unlike the states that have smoke Gestapos Alabama does not give tickets unless the smoke looks like a WWII smoke screen.

Some folks run a very high percentage of WMO but I don't like to poke the bear (well except Papa Bear).
That is another reason that we here in the Lone Star State like to shout, "GOD bless Texas!" :jumpin::grin: Any MV registered as a Texas Former Military Vehicle (TxFMV) is explicitly EXEMPT from ALL state smog laws :!: HOWEVER, for those who register them as "regular" trucks, all the rules apply.

BTW - Thanks for divulging your SECRET RECIPE for your High-Performance Deuce Fuel Concoction, WM :!: Don't worry, you're secret is safe with us here on Mr. Gore's INTERNETS [thumbzup]:cookoo:

FMFDOC

"Wreckerman's Special Deuce Elixer" rofl

Cures:

fits
warts
freckles
coughs
colds
runny nose
guaranteed not to rip, run, or snag
makes conception a wonder and childbirth a pleasure...