• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wsucougarx's M923 acquisition

wsucougarx

RIP Lindsay, my loyal pooch

Well, sadly I report that about an hour ago (1320 hrs) my faithful and loyal dog (Lindsay) of 12 years, passed away. My wife watched her take her last breath on our back porch where she usually peered through the sliding glass door at us. Unfortunately I was not there. I was racing to Aberdeen to get a vial of Humulin R. Her labored breathing and the fact she was diabetic lead me to believe she was in a state of diabetic ketoacidosis. Well, I was about 5 min from home when I felt the urge to call home for a SITREP. To my anguish, my wife just told me I needed to come home. I knew right away what she meant.:-(
Before church, I called for the "girls" to come and get some food. My other dog "Kayla" came racing up but my Lindsay was laying down in the grass. I noticed she labored to stand up but couldn't muster the strength to do so. I promptly went down to pick her up and brought her upto the porch where they both feed. Lindsay just collapsed onto the porch and I knew her sugars where out of whack. She had done this previously after we left at a new vet for a week to be dogsat. Lindsay didn't respond to any of her favorite foods and just laid there. I brought over her water bowl and she just drank and drank (definately a sign of high blood sugars). I thought for sure she was going to snap out of it. She laid down and took a nap. Well, we left for church and came back 2 hours later. She was laying in a different area of the porch so I knew she got up and didn't think anything about it. I went out and attempted to feed her. It was at this time I noticed her labored breathing. We broke out the glucose machine and it register HI. I gave her a dose of her Humulin N. Then it hit me, she may be suffering from ketoacidosis. The Humulin N wouldn't respond as quickly as I would like so raced to Aberdeen for some quick acting Humulin R. As I drove to town, my wife called the on call vet and she was describing what was going on. As the vet mentioned that if Lindsay arches her head back....at that time she arched her head back and my wife noticed her last breatch. She grabbed ther stethoscope and heard a heartbeat but she was gone. She took a couple reflexive breathes but....

When I was putting my second set of RCL's on the truck yesterday, she wouldn't leave my side. She kept following me around and stuck by my side like a magnet. At times I got really annoyed wondering why she kept getting in my way....well, now I know. In essence, she was saying her last goodbyes for what was to come.
Rest in peace my good and faithful girl. You will be missed immensely!!!!!!!!!! I don't ask the why question. I just knew it was her time to pass.

Attachments

Last edited:

wsucougarx

More gear;-)

Yesterday was a busy day. I did, however, found time to stop at a few surplus places and bought some parts for the project. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this stuff, but I'm sure I'll put it to use:wink:
The weapon mount/shield will go on this truck or the M925 I don't yet have. I seriously couldn't pass it up. Only paid $80 for the setup. The guy felt bad because he didn't have the 4 bolts to mount the shield onto the mount and the T/E.
I'll probably end up selling the Stryker Vehicle Tow Bar (only have one leg).

Attachments

Last edited:

Amer-team

Nice stuff. You are definitely going to different places than I go. I rarely find vehicle stuff, maybe because you got it all already.:-D Keep on hunting. I did pick up a pretty nice Large wall tent of CL today have been looking for one for quite awhile.

wsucougarx

Oh why not...what's a couple more lights;-)

Well after testing out my Route Clearance Lights in the dark, I found I needed a couple more up front. I tried to tuck them in behind the IR lights the best I could. I also wanted them low enough as to not obstruct the little view I have of the ground. Oh, I am not done yet. The lights mounted on the hardtop will provide light at 9:00 and 3:00. I have plans of another set of Flood lights to aim at my 7:30 and 4:30.
To summarize, I have four LED Trucklite Route Clearance Vehicle Lights 07397 up front. These lights have a beam described as a SPOT LIGHT. Along the sides are the Trucklite 07392 lights with a FLOOD beam.

Oh and after sorting through my remaining RCL's. I set a few aside for the M925A1 I don't yet have. I found I have 4 extra RCL flood lights. Just put them in the Classifieds today.

Attachments

Last edited:

wsucougarx

Newest addition to our family

In the earlier post, I mentioned I had lost my pooch of 12 years. Well, I put in an ad in Craiglist looking for another female Border Collie/Lab mix. Low and behold, I got a reply the day we laid my Lindsay to rest. Our new pooch is 5 years old and totally reminds me of my Lindsay. It is actually quite spooky as to how similiar the two are. God definately answered our prayers and brought "Sheeva" into our lives. Thank you God!!!!
Sheeva is on the right;-). I just need to get her up to speed on our green machines:wink:

Attachments

wsucougarx

Thanks Del, she is:-D Finally have a pooch that can tag along in the cab with me. My other pooch is 12 years old and is incontinent. I would like to keep that military truck smell over....well, you understand:wink:

Danger Ranger

Awesome! Glad to see you got a new friend. Is she a mix? I think I see some border collie in those ears...just want to be sure its not 90% mental.

Congrats.

wsucougarx

Craigslist score!!!

I made the best score to date with Craiglist. Picked up this whole lot for $100:shock:.
When I picked up the gear, the guy told me it was a short 10' slave cable. I decided to take it anyways. Turns out she's a 20 ft'er and looks brand new;-). The medium tow bar has been used a couple times but adorns the useless 3/4" pin HMMWV adapters. The antennas look like they goto the AS-3900's. I love antennas!

Need to correct myself. It's the best score other than the pooch I picked up last week;-)

Attachments

Last edited:

indy4x4fab

Banned
I made the best score to date with Craiglist. Picked up this whole lot for $100:shock:.
When I picked up the gear, the guy told me it was a short 10' slave cable. I decided to take it anyways. Turns out she's a 20 ft'er and looks brand new;-). The medium tow bar has been used a couple times but adorns the useless 3/4" pin HMMWV adapters. The antennas look like they goto the AS-3900's. I love antennas!

Need to correct myself. It's the best score other than the pooch I picked up last week;-)
I have hmmwv front shacke and towbar mounts, they work great for putting on the front of the late 80's threw late 90's trucks so you can towbar the trucks, if your interested in a set pm me. Priced real fairly.