• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WTH, Found a tank today.

Elwenil

**** sure if I ever find one sitting around I'm sure as **** not going to post it up here. These people have probably driven poor Frodo nuts and I don't think I would enjoy the same.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those coming late to this thread it was correctly identified on page one.
Also, it's correct weight would be closer to 51 tons normal load, they are 93,000 lbs dry net weight,(M60A1 would be 53 tons).

frodobaggins

Well after a little misdirection on my part, the tank was actually privately owned by the museum.
I have managed to broker a deal for the sale of the tank. The final price has been deemed by contract to be undisclosed, so don't ask. I will note that my commission for the work I did on the back end has enabled me to purchase a nice 916 tractor :smile:

Congratulations to goldneagle on his new purchase !
(Also congrats to the museum who should now be able to break ground on their new building !)

Maybe he'll let me ride in it sometime if he can get it running

(This was a joke, which he didn't even see, so now I cry.)

Last edited:

RealCavDog

Well, Congratulations on helping to save an awesome piece of history and equipment !

Would have hated to have your e-mail and contact clean-up assignment the last year or so ! :lol:

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well after a little misdirection on my part, the tank was actually privately owned by the museum.
I have managed to broker a deal for the sale of the tank. The final price has been deemed by contract to be undisclosed, so don't ask. I will note that my commission for the work I did on the back end has enabled me to purchase a nice 916 tractor :smile:

Congratulations to goldneagle on his new purchase !
(Also congrats to the museum who should now be able to break ground on their new building !)

Maybe he'll let me ride in it sometime if he can get it running

Due to your "misdirection", the museum and yourself likely lost some revenue in this transaction for yourselves by preventing any competitive bidding on the tank.
Just saying what some are thinking.

jluv1185

I'm glad that you and GE reached an agreement...I wanted to get in on it, but it got a lil too rich for my blood. Maybe GE can get Tim to bring the wrecker to help with the recovery. Can't wait until he gets her fixed up!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now more than ever...

nopics

Since you have essentially admitted DECEPTION to your fellow SS Comarades, we fully EXPECT all the recovery details and plenty of pictures to provide photographic evidence.

Even if you were not previously planning to attend the recovery, Frodo, you now OWE it to us rofl

THANKS for making this "SAVE" possible [thumbzup]

3dAngus

Dang! Now I know why the gold in goldeneagle.

Really cool stuff. I hope for pictures as well, and congratulations to all who made it possible.

frodobaggins

BTW Guys, that was a joke that didn't pan out. Tank still belongs to Uncle Sam.
I'll try to see if I can find those interior pictures for you guys.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks