• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM818A2w/w

jwaller

I do love the 819, it's the last MV I want to add to my collection.

FWIW I believe the 1600's are rated for 40k lbs per tire in single configuration.

eddiec

The truck sure does look good, especially with the dual air cleaners, and the dual pipes behind the sleeper. I would love to see an 819 like that

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I do love the 819, it's the last MV I want to add to my collection.

FWIW I believe the 1600's are rated for 40k lbs per tire in single configuration.
sounds awful HI per tire (40000x2=80000 --40 ton axle???
, even for a axle (40000- 20 ton)

Could you please tape the 1100r24.5 tomorrow, I would like to see if your mesurement is what I have on paper 43.7", my rears are 44" high so i can't go over that, or my sprag will went to engage, thanks

i have the MWO for cutting the air to the trans valves, but dont went to take the chance of forgeting to use it and tear the world up going down the road
Ron.
the 1100 R 24 Goodyear 286 are 49" rated at 8130# load range H

My 1600 R 20 michilens are rated at 14,000 and some change and have a speed rating of 55 MPH
hope this helps.

I know i was surprised how much taller the 1100 R 24 are compared to the 1100 R 20.
would have known if i would have done the math!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Dave, or other 819 owners, have you run your truck across the scales, if so what was the front axle weight ?????

i didnt notice the duel aircleaners intill now:roll: hows that work out foryou?
worked out just as i planned. the right side air cleaner is completly usable.
currently the air intake is terminated 7 or 8 inches inside the side panel.
they will both be used when motor in this truck grows up.

edit ---oops- thought i loaded a pic with both aircleaners newly installed.

Attachments

Last edited:

eddiec

That pic you just loaded reminds me, it needs wider steer tires. That width just makes it look meaner. Is the second air cleaner blocked off inside? Can you plumb it in to your heater?