• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Xtreme 4X4 Deuce bobbed(Spike TV)

FreightTrain

Banned
nah,he ruined a WC named Sgt rocks.1941 truck.600+ Cube wedge engine from Indy.stacks,Rockwell axles,massive lift......IF I was going to ruin a historic vehicle....that is the way I would do it!It is SWEET!!!!!!!!It takes a man to restore a classic.....it takes a REAL man to cut up a classic!:twisted:

DeuceNewb

did he ever finish that thing? It is SWEET! and a bobbed deuce is far more practical for the common 4x4 guy than a huge 6x6 that is just soo long. There are tons of stock deuces out there, so what if some get chopped

Wrench Wench

I loved the show of his second series Gearz where he mounted up the .50 cal with the natural gas or propane (like I can tell the diff) to enable the gun to cycle with lights and sounds. That was cool.

jasonjc

did he ever finish that thing? It is SWEET! and a bobbed deuce is far more practical for the common 4x4 guy than a huge 6x6 that is just soo long. There are tons of stock deuces out there, so what if some get chopped
Thats the thing ITS NOT a stock deuce! It's one of the few factory made fire truck deuces. And it look to be mostly complet. Unlike what I'm having to start with. If it were a stock truck or a parts truck ya who cares.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
nah,he ruined a WC named Sgt rocks.1941 truck.600+ Cube wedge engine from Indy.stacks,Rockwell axles,massive lift......IF I was going to ruin a historic vehicle....that is the way I would do it!It is SWEET!!!!!!!!It takes a man to restore a classic.....it takes a REAL man to cut up a classic!:twisted:
It was ruined before he got ahold of it. Best I remember someone had installed a hardtop off of some sort of old IH truck before he got it. I remember him talking about how good of job they did. You could hardly tell it.

Ian from Xtreme

This site and thread was brought to my attention so I thought I would stop over and see what the thoughts were, and I will answer any questions you guys might have.

Fire truck....yes the Duece is a fairly complete fire truck, the guys at Boyce equipment simply sent me their "best truck" and it ended up being a fire truck....if someone wants the firetruck bed if you pick it up...it will be yours.

Yes the truck will bobbed, and possibly have an engine swap really haven't made a final decision yet.

KsM715

Ian, sell the truck (just to save it) and get a "run of the mill duece" to bob. If you need any other projects I got a '90 YJ on 38's thats dead in my driveway that needs to go.

PS love the show and you guys have done some awsome projects.

tm america

what engine yo think you gonna go a cummings or some gas engine it would be really cool to see a 600hp cummins in there maybe some arbs.what about the suspension:?:a four link front and rear with cil overs or air bags would be something different than what everyone else does

Ian from Xtreme

what engine yo think you gonna go a cummings or some gas engine it would be really cool to see a 600hp cummins in there maybe some arbs.what about the suspension:?:a four link front and rear with cil overs or air bags would be something different than what everyone else does
The weight is tough for coil overs, but I am thinking of rear steer maybe just for fun. Bags might be cool though

No way on the gas engine.....if anything I might do another twin turbo D-max that would be cool because I could swap in the Allison trans and then I could add some cool junk off the PTO.

ida34

Ian,
My thoughts are try to save the bed and specific fire truck equipment. Love the show. Catch it every week. Most of us are purists here but I say do with your truck what you want. I look forward to the build.

Chuck

ida34

I almost forgot. If you are putting a bed back on it a M105 trailer bed fits nicely on a bobbed truck? You said you are planning to bob the deuce down to two axles right?

KsM715

Ian, be careful with this OD stuff. its more addictive than Jeeps. I was all set to get the yj done till I picked up my M715 back in sept. and now have an M818 for a tow rig but it needs bigger tires so the yj needs to go.

Look around the site here, there are all kinds of cool projects to get ideas from. (ive got one in mind but need someone that can stretch a M818 frame 7 feet)

area52

Ian,

Welcome to the dark side!:-D Glad to see you on here. I read alot of your posts over on Pirate.

Its always nice to actually talk to someone from a good show on TV.

I hope someone saves the bed off of that truck. Can't wait to see the episode.

Alex400

This site and thread was brought to my attention so I thought I would stop over and see what the thoughts were, and I will answer any questions you guys might have.

Fire truck....yes the Duece is a fairly complete fire truck, the guys at Boyce equipment simply sent me their "best truck" and it ended up being a fire truck....if someone wants the firetruck bed if you pick it up...it will be yours.

Yes the truck will bobbed, and possibly have an engine swap really haven't made a final decision yet.
Nice to see you on here! I will be following this project closely as I really like deuces that are modded up. Really like the show, too.

Alex

BugEyeBear

....if someone wants the firetruck bed if you pick it up...it will be yours....
Ian,

Great to see you here on the SS site.

"jasonjc" is restoring a firetruck, and he has already commented on this thread (2 posts above your 1st post).
Please PM or email him & offer him that bed and any other Firetruck specific parts that you are not planning on using!
He is located in Arkansas...

I'm looking forward to seeing what you create!!

THANKS!

-Bear-

PS: Love the show! Keep up the great work!

tm america

ya soon the show will be named extreme mv:roll:i think you're getting a green thumb:-Ddont forget the power steering on the front.maybe hydro will work best since you're going with four wheel steer anyway

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks