• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Xtreme 4X4 Deuce bobbed(Spike TV)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the SS site Ian. There are plenty of guys here who have built "bobbed" deuces. If you look in the Deuce Modification and Hot-Rodding forum, you'll find a lot of useful info and ideas for your project. I'm pretty sure I can safely say, We all would like to follow, and help with your project truck.

ps, please add your state to your personal info(site rule).:wink:

jasonjc

Well I'm one of the one's Ian contacted about the fire bed. I can't aford to go after it.:cry::cry::cry::cry: I just let him know so I hope some one else here will get it. I think he's looking for a 105 bed and hard top for it.

And 7 pages and still no pic's:|

PREDATOR

I haven't been on this site in over 3 years... however, when I was watching Xtreme 4x4 I noticed the Duece and it's sparked my interest on a Duece Bobber again...

Looks like I have a TON of reading to do :grin:

joeypushjr1

wow after reading 7 pages on this i finially get to stop reading and post.. welcome ian big big big fan . ill be looking forward to that episode... keep all the projects going .... agian welcome to the SS.. and wonce you go green youll never go back...joe

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well since nobody has spoken up calling dibs on the bed I sent Ian a PM saying I would pick it up tomorrow if need be. I only live about 40 miles away.

Jasonjc, If I happen to get it we may can work something out on some of the stuff you need if you can't swing the whole bed.

DanMartin

Ian,

Go look up "HEMTT Seats" under the Deuce Hotrodding forum. This is a great mod if you want to keep military seats in the truck. They ride smooth and give (slightly) more legroom (and gut-room).

There's also a bunch of posts on hydraulic power steering updates (see "M-35Tom"'s posts), which are way cool. I also think it would be cool to show the air-o-matic steering system (bolt-on-kit specific for the deuce) as something a bit different for the viewers (I don't think you have done a pneumatic steering on the show yet). Old-tech, but different.

I think the folks at home might also like to learn a bit about the old multi-fuel engine as well. *shrug* It is sort of cool to be able to burn motor oil as fuel. :)

As has been stated here, we are happy to help out with questions and resources on these beasties. Many of us spend waaaaay too much time on this site tinkering and "bench-hauling".

Looking forward to watching the show and seeing what direction you take it in! I've been a fan of the show since day one! Keep up the great work guys! One of the best shows on TV IMO.

Go Blue Wings!

Ian from Xtreme

No the show has not aired yet.....but so you guys are still "in the loop" yes the firbox is coming off.....for those of you who dislike this...I am sorry....but when looking for a good truck this was the first one I found....and it is in very good shape..12,000 Miles...and 550Hrs.....

The firebox, pump and controls will be "sugically" removed so if someone wanted to re-use they can. The box itself is very rusted but somewhat complete, it is missing a door and the rear has some damage to it.....

We did take it to the local fire department....and yes it pumped.....we even hooked up some hoses and had some fun with it.....

Then just to proove how tough these trucks are.....well the pictures speak for themselves....

http://ianfromxtreme.smugmug.com/Po...oopid-Big-Truck/SBT-top/574768593_LB6S5-M.jpg

http://ianfromxtreme.smugmug.com/Po...Stoopid-Big-Truck/crush/691384376_NR2tz-M.jpg

bryan70546

No the show has not aired yet.....but so you guys are still "in the loop" yes the firbox is coming off.....for those of you who dislike this...I am sorry....but when looking for a good truck this was the first one I found....and it is in very good shape..12,000 Miles...and 550Hrs.....

The firebox, pump and controls will be "sugically" removed so if someone wanted to re-use they can. The box itself is very rusted but somewhat complete, it is missing a door and the rear has some damage to it.....

We did take it to the local fire department....and yes it pumped.....we even hooked up some hoses and had some fun with it.....

Then just to proove how tough these trucks are.....well the pictures speak for themselves....

http://ianfromxtreme.smugmug.com/Po...oopid-Big-Truck/SBT-top/574768593_LB6S5-M.jpg

http://ianfromxtreme.smugmug.com/Po...Stoopid-Big-Truck/crush/691384376_NR2tz-M.jpg
Thanks for the pics Ian and welcome to the site keep up the good work Brother

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ian, I appreciate you taking the time to keep us updated on this project. There is a wealth of info on here to find out anything you need to know about the trucks. There are also a bunch of pics of modified trucks that may give you some ideas.

DanMartin

Thanks Ian! Looking forward to the show airing.

..and thanks for keeping the history of the truck in mind for those of us here who like to restore these old fire trucks as well.

Last edited:

nhdiesel

I really don't see a big issue about modifying the truck, since the actual rare parts will be saved. Unlike civilian vehicles with complete records of the VIN #'s and options, which require matching parts to be valuable, I don't think these trucks have much for records. Transfer the fire body to another Deuce, and you still have a fire truck worth as much as the original. Hey, who's to say the body hasn't been swapped from one Deuce to another by the military during a rebuild or repair?

Good luck on the build, I wish my cable company offered Spike, I really miss that channel!

Jim

boomer

wow after reading 7 pages on this i finially get to stop reading and post.. welcome ian big big big fan . ill be looking forward to that episode... keep all the projects going .... agian welcome to the SS.. and wonce you go green youll never go back...joe
That's because most are concerned that an m v is going to be "xtremed", and a rare one at that!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks