• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Zout's Cookout

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I have to deny = I have a disreputable past with the Outlaws of Mich - and other taking care of business issues that would make all the cry baby entitlement liberal cry like babies if I got elected. BUT THAT IS NOT a political statement. IF I could type that I would but just think of what I just did as a figment of your imagination.

There sure would be a lot of folks given a free walk to the ocean front to drown themselves to put the rest of us out of our misery.
I have an ole saying (again if I could type this I would) not everyone is meant to live.

You think they gave Sarah Palin a hard time - wait till they get their paws on me.
Nope - just want to cook and work on a K18 for my friend - I amuse easily these days.
So, what I hear you saying is, you are like the rest of the politicians...except you were caught BEFORE you were elected? Hmmm...gonna have to work the "repentant angle"...oh wait...that may not work for you...cause you aren't....LOL:whistle:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Count me in for a T-shirt, probably XXXL (I'm a little bit over 6'2 or 188 cm) and I hate tight around the neck T-shirts. How did last year's T-shirt look?

How's the Skype stuff coming along? Until now no early participants for our Newcastle of the World conference, so I actually might have that Friday or Saturday free.

cb-1.jpg

Can I ask an off-topic question? What is it with the elected officials of smaller US towns. We invited EIGHT Newcastles from the USA to our conference, but none of them is coming. The are "not interested in international cooperation", or "no money for traveling" and the one reply of a long-term city clerk that really got me "our council never travels". If Czechs and Georgians (the one in the former USSR) can find money to travel to the expensive western countries (UK, 2012, really expensive), surely a US town can find money to fly to a cheap central European country?

:soapbox: :rant: aua (sorry, just venting my frustration here)

Only Indiana was a bit interested but did not have the money to come, so we are considering setting up a Skype conference or a full-blown video conference for that.

I was hoping to get some good contacts with Newcastle DE, to get a good excuse to visit them (and maybe get a quick peak at a GL site or help with a pick-up), but nada.

Moppersmurf-2.jpg

Last edited:

zout

Skype testing was good - TWM told me to remove him from my address book though !!! TWM & EMD had been chatting as well - so all we need to do is get a time and some more folks on and test conference call.

Its Finally April - and that means

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can I ask an off-topic question? What is it with the elected officials of smaller US towns. We invited EIGHT Newcastles from the USA to our conference, but none of them is coming. The are "not interested in international cooperation", or "no money for traveling" and the one reply of a long-term city clerk that really got me "our council never travels". If Czechs and Georgians (the one in the former USSR) can find money to travel to the expensive western countries (UK, 2012, really expensive), surely a US town can find money to fly to a cheap central European country?
Robo, I believe the situation is that a lot of people in the U.S. are not as internationally-oriented as Europeans. The Czech Republic is located in very close proximity to many other European countries, cultures and languages. The U.S. is not, so many Americans focus their attention inward. You can travel many hundreds of kilometers in many directions in the U.S. and basically the language and culture is nearly the same. Europeans are constantly confronted by other cultures and languages almost on a daily basis. Add to that the fact that many small towns and cities in the U.S. are still suffering from the recent economic problems, it could be difficult to explain to the electorate why a trip to Europe is justified. Good luck with your conference.

zout

BBQ wings - BQ chicken of other like material - Ribs - hamburgers - hot dogs and road kill
Friday night 25th fish fry with clam's from Tigger - Catfish and shrimp
Saturday read line one

24 more days and counting

At this time without hearing from Andy and update on the CS/BS run I consider it a dead deal unless there is some upcoming very cool info. Chow still scheduled for 13:00 just in case.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
zout;1529792[I said:
At this time without hearing from Andy and update on the CS/BS run I consider it a dead deal unless there is some upcoming very cool info. Chow still scheduled for 13:00 just in case.
[/I]
I was just at the Boy Scout Northeast District council meeting. They are looking forward to having the trucks at the Scout meeting. Zout not sure what information that you are looking for on this? We are going to drive up and park and hang out a bit with the scouts. What other details would you like?

Now the reason I was at the council meeting is my oldest Nicholas just got sign off on his Eagle Project by the North East Georgia Council. It is a pretty big deal after 5 years of Scouting to see some light at the end of the tunnel. Nicholas is going to build a teaching deck at Elachee Nature Center in Oakwood to be used for the summer camps.

http://www.elachee.org/

To raise money for his Eagle Scout project he is collecting scrap metal and recycling. 73M819 donated a ton of heavy metal and Commander Zout has a pile on the side of the garage for the cause. If anybody coming to the Zouts has old metal that is in the way and taking up space that you want gone please bring it to the cook out and we will load up all your scrap.

If you have a large amount of stuff and are in the general Atlanta, North Georgia area we could also do a pickup.

zout

HEY Swiss - I have a large glob of metal right in front of my garage - maybe PB won't notice it went to the recycle place. I have to move the M909 that pile is getting wider waiting on you.

22 more days

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
HEY Swiss - I have a large glob of metal right in front of my garage - maybe PB won't notice it went to the recycle place. I have to move the M909 that pile is getting wider waiting on you. 22 more days
Guess I better call the local Sheriff up there and rep....oh wait...never mind.:roll:

zout

Just got off the phone with Ron and made a BET with him - I bet he could not flip a hamburger with the boom of his wrecker with a spatchula duct taped on it ------- any takers on this bet - all funds go to the Lobbyist Fund.

We'll put a new meaning to that thread What have you done with your wrecker this week.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Just got off the phone with Ron and made a BET with him - I bet he could not flip a hamburger with the boom of his wrecker with a spatchula duct taped on it ------- any takers on this bet - all funds go to the Lobbyist Fund.
We'll put a new meaning to that thread What have you done with your wrecker this week.
I'll bet twenty bucks to the cause but he has to flip the burger AND keep it on the grill AND no hands/help allowed!!

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am in for $20 but only if you point the Skype camera to where I can see the action from my outpost in Texas. Someone has to protect the western flank.

zout

OH YEAH BABY - anyone interested we can get this on Skype - so all ya folks out of Ga that want to take this bet on - bring it on. AHHHHH PB gets to keep track of bets or Swiss cause all I want to do is cook and enjoy this year cookout.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OH YEAH BABY - anyone interested we can get this on Skype - so all ya folks out of Ga that want to take this bet on - bring it on. AHHHHH PB gets to keep track of bets or Swiss cause all I want to do is cook and enjoy this year cookout.
I vote for swiss to keep track. I don't actually gamble...except when I go to sleep and bet MB whether I'll wake up...or not!:papabear:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am tired of tracking money :) It will be an interesting feat and I would not bet against ron on his ability to complete this task.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks