• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I have joined the Goat herd

m38inmaine

I will have to look when I get home, however that clear tube coming down is different on mine, mine is a braided line that goes to the air pump. Where that allen plug is on mine it has a street T , the bottom of the T has a straight line going down for the air box drain, on the right of the T it has another steel line that turns 90 and goes down to connect to a rubber line going over to the air tank. I will post the picture from the manual and try and get a better picture of my actual engine.

Last edited:

combat32

Yeah, kinda got that figured out now, I got the motor cranking this evening, but I am not getting fuel up to the secondary filter, we rebuilt the fuel pump but something is amiss as she is not pumping, Ill pull it out tomorrow and see what I can learn.

It is pumping oil to the head=good thing, and I have a class 2 oil leak coming out of the dipstick tube where it screws into the block, some teflon tape should take care of that.

Another Ahab

Yeah, kinda got that figured out now, I got the motor cranking this evening, but I am not getting fuel up to the secondary filter, we rebuilt the fuel pump but something is amiss as she is not pumping, Ill pull it out tomorrow and see what I can learn.

It is pumping oil to the head=good thing, and I have a class 2 oil leak coming out of the dipstick tube where it screws into the block, some teflon tape should take care of that.
Where there's a will there's a way; that's the ticket!

combat32

I am beging to think I didn't get the fuel pump primed well enough, I will try again tomorrow and force feed it a little and see if it will pick up.

And my solenoid on the starter was sticking first few times, but then it quit, hopefully it will be good to go

Last edited:

m38inmaine

I used a outboard motor fuel line with an inline priming bulb, she fired first crank. Good news on the oil pressure, I'd rather have oil than fuel first.

m38inmaine

Picture from the manual, my T is different but same idea. The manual picture shows the air box heater line as the air brake tube which is not correct, they show the air line coming out the top of the T but it really goes no where in the picture when it should go down next to the drain line. The manual is not always correct, especially on these drawn pictures.

Look at post #72 it shows what the two tubes look like hanging below the starter. Post #87 shows my setup, a street T on the airbox, out of the bottom of the T a straight tube for the drain, on the front of the T a 90 to a tube bent over the air pump hose then 90+ down to same length as drain to attach to the rubber line going to the air can.

Attachments

Last edited:

m38inmaine

Nice, thought I would sneak that one in without warning you, also got word today that your other large parcel has been shipped today UPS, you will be sitting pretty soon. Finding all these NOS goat parts is exciting, I guess more are on the way.

Last edited:

combat32

Gamma Goat fairy (some call it UPS) stopped by my house today and left these for me.

This fills a big hole in my needed parts list, big thanks to m38inmaine and poppacom!

Attachments

combat32

Thanks for the advice earlier today Mark, you were right on, it snapped right back in and holds fine in the cannon plug, I connected it twice and screwed it down tight to make sure.

Attachments

m38inmaine

Looks like you have the engine side squared away, I don't have any engine side harness parts, I do have a good vehicle side harness that has plenty of length and should work. If you want it I will send it out tomorrow.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks