1952 M135 W/Winch

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

rustystud

Cold weather got here early this year and I came nowhere close to achieving my goal, but got some more done.

View attachment 753394View attachment 753396

I found this old paint on one of the window frames and thought my new paint matches the color really well.

View attachment 753395

These were in an old GMC truck catalog from the 50's and I found it interesting.

View attachment 753398View attachment 753397View attachment 753399View attachment 753400
Most people don't know this but GMC/Chevy and IHC where some of the first production engines that used a full flow oil lubrication system and not the old "splash" system use by Ford and others back then. I think it had to do with keeping their military contracts, that is just my opinion though.

Another Ahab

Most people don't know this but GMC/Chevy and IHC where some of the first production engines that used a full flow oil lubrication system and not the old "splash" system use by Ford and others back then. I think it had to do with keeping their military contracts, that is just my opinion though.
Interesting to know, thanks rustystud.

How did that help them keep their contracts?

rustystud

Interesting to know, thanks rustystud.

How did that help them keep their contracts?
With the full pressure oil system you can take your vehicle on most any incline with no worries about oil starvation. Also it provides for a higher revving engine so more power, plus you get a much longer engine life.
If your the government agency procuring military vehicles wouldn't you want the best available ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks