• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1952 M135 W/Winch

USMC 00-08

My seat covers from Weebee Webbing came in. They look great, but I haven't got them put on anything yet. I really like the smell of canvas. Where are those Scentsy girls? We need some new scents. Military Canvas, Cosmoline and Hoppes 9 would be nice.

20170816_165843.jpg

The rain let up for a little bit and I was able to get some things painted. I used Behr Premium Plus Ultra exterior semi-gloss, a Harbor Freight 5/8 horsepower airless sprayer and a Graco 315 tip. I am very pleased with that combination with the sprayer set on the low side of medium output. The paint went on very well and so far I am excited with the results.
20170819_182018.jpg20170820_110809.jpg20170820_145511.jpg20170820_145444.jpg

You can see the color a bit better in the direct sunlight.

20170820_110704.jpg

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My seat covers from Weebee Webbing came in. They look great, but I haven't got them put on anything yet. I really like the smell of canvas. Where are those Scentsy girls? We need some new scents. Military Canvas, Cosmoline and Hoppes 9 would be nice.

View attachment 695858

The rain let up for a little bit and I was able to get some things painted. I used Behr Premium Plus Ultra exterior semi-gloss, a Harbor Freight 5/8 horsepower airless sprayer and a Graco 315 tip. I am very pleased with that combination with the sprayer set on the low side of medium output. The paint went on very well and so far I am excited with the results.
View attachment 695859View attachment 695861View attachment 695863View attachment 695862

You can see the color a bit better in the direct sunlight.

View attachment 695860
USMC 00-08 the paint looks really good, and thanks for the heads up on paint, sprayer, and tips.......and oh, can I make an addition to your new scents. Military rifle bore solvent. Comes in an OD can. Good stuff!

Another Ahab

USMC 00-08 the paint looks really good, and thanks for the heads up on paint, sprayer, and tips.......and oh, can I make an addition to your new scents. Military rifle bore solvent. Comes in an OD can. Good stuff!

Are you talking BreakFree?!

I hear you about that "aroma", right there with napalm-in-the-morning.

Being Seabee, our weapons training was all USMC and they had us mopping EVERYTHING with that BreakFree (or t least I think that's what it was).

It had that "happy healthy" weapon scent, great stuff.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We set up a musty smelling canvas tent at the airshow a few years ago and could not believe the number of people that thanked us for bringing back their childhood memories. Maybe you're on to something!

I just need bacon scented febreeze!

Keep those progress pictures coming!

Another Ahab

We set up a musty smelling canvas tent at the airshow a few years ago and could not believe the number of people that thanked us for bringing back their childhood memories. Maybe you're on to something!

I just need bacon scented febreeze!
What we need to do is patent those two formulas, trademark the names of each scent, and then donate all the proceeds from sales of each to the SS Chaplain's Fund.

This might not be so simple, but.....

SEADUCEME

Steel Soldiers Supporter
nice deuce I'm jealous mine came with lotta tic required. are you selling anything my under dash harness was destroyed from whoever drop the eng in in it?

USMC 00-08

Thank you. I will probably be selling off some things in the near future. When cooler weather gets here and after I finish my truck, I'm going to be dismantling my parts trucks, keeping/selling what is good and scrapping what can't be saved or used.

I just saw you started up your own thread. Can you post pictures of the wire harness damage in your thread. It may be fixable.

USMC 00-08

I got all of my tires mounted but one. The locking ring for that wheel was bent when it was removed so I had to dig one out of the parts pile. It needs primed and painted before I can finish mounting the 7th tire. Ignore all the junk in the photo. I have parts stacked everywhere at the moment as I prep everything for paint.

20170904_124743.jpg

A NOS gas pedal was received from Tom Wolboldt. He has a ton of NOS parts and I encourage all of you to check with him if you need anything. His prices have been very reasonable and all the parts I have bought from him have been excellent.

20170903_215838.jpg

Does anyone know who might make a Low Range/High Range stencil or decal for the instrument panel? I checked with Rick Larson and he said he could not make a stencil that small and there is not enough demand for these for him to go into production on decals.

20170822_170255.jpg

Carboarius

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know who might make a Low Range/High Range stencil or decal for the instrument panel? I checked with Rick Larson and he said he could not make a stencil that small and there is not enough demand for these for him to go into production on decals.

View attachment 697752
You might want to check a local sign shop and see if they can make something up like that. Our local place does everything from stencils and decals to custom magnets.

USMC 00-08

A little more progress. It is nice to finally start seeing some color.

20170920_165426.jpg20170920_165435.jpg

Does anyone know where to find a rearview mirror like this? I think it was used in some of the Jeeps, but I can't seem to find a NOS or repro. It appears that this was in my truck for a very long time, but the mirror part isn't any good.

20170528_113211.jpg20170528_113231.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks