• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 aberdeen BS/for sale/who's going/when and where

I'm not buying a space, as 18 x 18 isn't big enough for the deuce. I'll just park out in the regular parking lot, hang out in the SS area in between shopping trips, and hopefully camp out in the back of the truck in the parking lot. They do allow that, don't they?

Kohburn

if people planned ahead well enough 2 deuces fit into 2 18x18 spaces overlapping into eachothers square. looks like that is against the rules though, have to buy 2 spaces. Or call and find out if you can get one of the XL spaces
There are a few extra large (XL) spaces that measure 27 feet wide x 18 feet deep.
I plan to show up, probably not in the deuce.

Last edited:

CGarbee

Ferro, and others,
I'm in Yellow T8,T9, U4,U5 (same spots as in the previous years). A lot of Steelsoldiers are in the rows near me: BKubu, AMGeneral, Scrounger, Jeff from Tactical Truck, etc. (actually a bunch more, but I forget the screen names...).

The convoy BBQ is at my space on Friday night. I'll be selling stuff, and am happy to provide space for folks who have stuff to sell, but no place to put it (or not enough stuff to justify getting a space). ...

Looking forward to seeing everyone,

rideni

I will be selling a snow plow, with all the controls, mounting brackets as cut off the front end of an F-600, a 24 to 12 volt converter, small 12 volt battery(to power the controls) All of which will be strapped down on a M-103 trailer for easy sale. I am selling it all for $800.

Also have a fuel fired heater with a spare control box, and other spare parts for sale.

Blythewoodjoe

So here's the question: Is it wise to drive a M886 500 miles to the rally? I say every time I go I will never drive that far again, yet I am now thinking it would be fun to just drive the old dodge up, eat some of Cabell's BBQ and just BS for hours. No bringing stuff to sell or worrying about that kind of stuff. Just enjoy the show. Sleep in the closed box on the back and just be dirty and smelly for 3 days. I even have the MP3 stereo in the dash. My biggest concern is driving a 33 year old full time 4 wheel drive dodge that far. I did put a new radiator in it last year. It runs great. I guess I need to change the trans fluid and check all the axle stuff. Somebody talk me out of it.

Joe

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought I would bring this thread back up to the top since I see that others are asking if an "Aberdeen parts/wish list" thread exists.

CGarbee

I haven't really started to make up my list of stuff that I am bringing (it will be long, as I have plenty of stuff that no longer fits anything in my yard that I need to get gone...), but:
M101A2 landing leg with surge brake MC
M416 tub
M100 frame
'52M38 (possible, runs, needs floorboard repair-have the pieces but no time, some TLC)
'64M37 (possible, has great sheet metal, runs, needs some TLC)
M37 steering box/column
Paint
T245 engines (possible, have two, both run, taken out of M37's)
takeoff 1100x20 NDT's (only if somebody wants them)
MBU's
Detroit Diesel in frame rebuild kit (got to look up the NSN and see what engine it goes to)
etc...

peecook

So here's the question: Is it wise to drive a M886 500 miles to the rally? I say every time I go I will never drive that far again, yet I am now thinking it would be fun to just drive the old dodge up, eat some of Cabell's BBQ and just BS for hours. No bringing stuff to sell or worrying about that kind of stuff. Just enjoy the show. Sleep in the closed box on the back and just be dirty and smelly for 3 days. I even have the MP3 stereo in the dash. My biggest concern is driving a 33 year old full time 4 wheel drive dodge that far. I did put a new radiator in it last year. It runs great. I guess I need to change the trans fluid and check all the axle stuff. Somebody talk me out of it.

Joe

Just get in the convoy and if something happens, one of use can tow you. No one's going to talk you out of it. :twisted:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lots of stuff, have to clean out the shed...

piles of military radio equipment, from 1940s to 1980s
M200A1 trailer turned into flatbed
fire bottles, 5 lb type
M151 rims
M37 rims
ALICE pack frames
convoy light cable sets
M416 trailer axle
CUCV front bumper
MBU V.3 burner unit
piles of small parts for all sorts of stuff

halftrack43

Thanks for the list, I needed an Injector pump for the duece but found one for $150, off a rbuilt motor so I'm good. Anything else at Aberdeen will be goodies I probaly don't need!:driver:See Ya there.
Rick

HAWKMAN

Aside from the items that are already paid for and awaiting pick-up I will be bringing down some PRC 25 batteries, camo 'chut material, an awesome cushman that you'll see me riding around in,(yes for sale) ammo cans, dummy MG's, LS 103/104 PA speakers.......we'll see what else I find that looks interesting and can fit in the van.........

tbanks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Aberdeen parts

We will be there Wed afternoon.
Complete tested VIC1 intercom systems 300.00 for a 3 station unit.Includes 1 AM1780 amp,3 C2298 control boxes,3 CX4723 cables,3 H161 headsets.SS special normally retails for 350.00.
IR drive lights
Armor dome lights
Lollipop high vis lights NOS
GMC duce carb rebuild kits NOS
GMC fuel pumps and rebuild kits NOS
New style tent power and light kits NOS
Antenna sets
Commo gear
If you have something your looking for let me know.
Tony