• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 Haspin rally BS thread

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was thinking of helping out a little bit money wise, maybey with some t shirts or something like that for a little advertisment of course, what do you guys think

Well, Christmas IS coming up and I could send you a list of what I want. :)

sw

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hate to be naive, but where is Haspin? If it's closish to Kansas City you can count me in. I'm looking forward to the GA Rally, but I'll try any that are closer to home. Thanks!

~Adam

If Stan is coming over from The Show Me State you might be able to hook up and drive over with his crew.

sw

wlreeds

I see a lot of brass posting here. Are privates allowed to attend?

I'm a new be and I have a M1010 on the way. Waiting for paperwork to clear. Having a fixed date out there will keep me motivated on getting things trail ready.

Also, I have a couple of old dogs that love to camp. They are kid friendly and I always keep them on lease in public. Are they welcome?

Keep an eye out for me on some of the help forums. I have a feeling I'll be running into a few things I haven't seen before.

Thanks,

Bill

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Bill, all are welcome. Rallys like this are best for new guys, as lots of questions can be answered by guys that have "been there, done that". I am a fan of dogs, but I'd like to caution about haspin. In the area we camp they should be fine, but man some people on quads and bikes just fly EVERYWHERE. It can be dangerous for kids and pets.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are dogs that walk around the place too. You can tell they have been abused because it took a while to get one of them to eat from us. I think it is the drunken morons that go flying all over on their quad runners. It's a wonder Oilcan didn't have to pull a quad out from under his 818 and just a trashcan. :)

sw

oilcan

There are dogs that walk around the place too. You can tell they have been abused because it took a while to get one of them to eat from us. I think it is the drunken morons that go flying all over on their quad runners. It's a wonder Oilcan didn't have to pull a quad out from under his 818 and just a trashcan. :)

sw

I almost pulled a guy off his speeding quad when he ran through our camp at high speed a few years ago. I was this -><- close... :twisted: Nowadays that threat is diminished because of our sheer numbers.

And the dogs... As long as you keep a close eye on them, they should be ok. Be aware of the possibility of dog fights. Oh, and I'm sure this doesn't need to be said, but if your pooches are the type that like to bark all night, there are other dangers... :wink:

wlreeds

And the dogs... As long as you keep a close eye on them, they should be ok. Be aware of the possibility of dog fights. Oh, and I'm sure this doesn't need to be said, but if your pooches are the type that like to bark all night, there are other dangers... :wink:
They are just a couple of old mutts. I will have to watch for other dogs though. My Lab doesn't even try to get along -- never did partake in any of the formalities of sniffing or getting his hair up / just gets right to it.

There is a small group of us new guys up in the Fort Wayne, IN area that are talking about coming down together in a small convoy. I think it would be a great time.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We'd start on the dishes and everyone would roll out. It's ok, we still had a blast and will be back next year cooking, if Cabell will still let me help... ;-)

tm america

hmmm i didnt see anything .but it would be great if someone brought a gen trailer down and we all pitched on fuel so we could all have power without having to run ten different gens:roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks